#24 TOPSY TURVY

Hearing that her mom took sleeping pills, Shafna cried out loud. Her mom hanged the call.

Shafna didn't know what to do sitting hundreds of kilometres away from home. She cannot lose her mom. She loved her more than anyone.

She didn't want to call her dad and make him tense. So she called her uncle, their family friend near to their home. Shafna informed him to take her mom to hospital.

She was sitting alone with tears continuously rolling down her cheeks. Her friend Sheena came from her work and shocked to see her friend with blood red eyes.

Seeing Sheena, Shafna hugged her and started crying. She told her everything that happened. Sheena consoled her as far as possible.

They waited for Shafna's uncle to call so that they can know her mom's condition. Each second passed with fear for Shafna.

Finally after two hours, her uncle called and informed that her mom was fine. She was sent home giving medications for her to rest and to come out of stress.

Shafna was relieved from fear hearing that her mom was out of danger. Still she was worried since she shouldn't attempt a silly thing like this again.

She couldn't think what her mom would do knowing about her love. She didn't want to lose her mom at any cost. She felt like the world was spinning around her.

Shafna called Hudson. Hearing his voice, she started crying severely that Hudson couldn't understand anything.

" Shafna.. Dear.. What made you cry like this? Please please.. Don't cry dear. My heart is paining hearing you cry like this. "

Hudson's voice was trembling. Shafna was still crying like a child.

" Don't cry dear. I'm coming. I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Please don't cry when I'm not near you. I can't bear it Shafna. I'll be there now. " And he cut the call.

Hudson was there in ten minutes. He took her to that beach where they used to go. Shafna was silent and Hudson was just looking at her teary eyes.

He waited for her to open her mouth and let him know what happened. Shafna didn't feel the excitement whenever she was near Hudson. She was like a dumb statue showing her expressionless face.

Hudson took her hand and clutched it within his palms.His hold strengthened her to talk. She told him everything that happened in the midst of sobbing.

When she ran out of tears, she was silent again looking into the deep sea which was trying to push away the waves from it, like she was trying to push away her problems.

Hudson was deep in thoughts, then he spoke up taking her hands to his chest.

" Shafna. I know this is really unfortunate. We didn't expect something bad like this to happen. Even though its all because of your sister, your parents are the one who got hurt. "

She was just hearing to him without a word from her side. Hudson was the one talking.

" I thought your mom is a strong lady. But now she was totally broken because of your sis. We cannot hurt her more. And I know that's what you're worried about. Now its your responsibility to take care of her and to give her the happiness she wished."

He took a deep breath and then continued. His eyes showed his pain.

" I know its very hard to accept the truth. But whatever happened has happened. We cannot change that. Can you go and tell your mom about me after all that happened? " He asked her.

Shafna shaked her head left and right in denial. She didn't have the strength to look into his eyes.

"I know Shafna. My Shafna can never hurt anyone. Instead she will be ready to get hurt and endure all the pain. That character of yours is the one I liked in you. And now you cannot change that character for me. "

Shafna broke her silence. " Yes. I cannot hurt my mom and at the same time, I cannot hurt you too. I love you both. What am I going to do now?? " .

Tears rolled down from her eyes.

" I love you too Shafna. I wanted you to be happy. I cannot take you away from your family. Can you come with me leaving your mom and dad?"

" No. I cannot Hudson. I don't have that strength. I will not do the same mistake as my sis. " Shafna was distressed.

" I too cannot do that Shafna. I love you. It doesn't mean that I just care about you alone, but I care for your family too. We both don't have the strength to do anything against them. "

" What can we do now Hudson?"

" Now only one thing you can do. Make your mom happy. If you cannot be a good daughter, you're worth for nothing. I really feel hurt to say this Shafna. Get married to the guy whom your parents suggest."

Shafna looked him in shock.

" That is the best way to make them happy. Just forget me, our love.. Everything.. I know its not as easy as I say. We can bear this pain than to give pain to our parents. " Hudson told her with a shaky voice.

" Hmmm. You're right. Then you should also marry the girl your parents say. " Shafna told him with painful heart.

" I'll try. " Hudson said.

" I don't want you to be alone when I'm gone. I want you to be happy. If I know that you're not leading a happy life, I cannot live in peace. My guilty mind will kill me. "  Shafna told him.

" OK Shafna. "

They both went silent. Their world went topsy turvy in one day. Shafna was thinking about standing beside an unknown guy in her bridal dress.

She burst out in tears. She was out of control. Hudson looking at her crying, he cupped her face. She buried her face in his palms. His palms were becoming wet in her tears.

" Shafna.. I won't let your tears to fall down. I'll possess it within my hands. "

Shafna was crying.. Crying.. Crying.. Hudson laid his head over her head. She heard him weeping too.

Few people passing them were looking at them. They were not in the mind to worry about anyone else. Their pain splited them from their surrounding terrane.

Shafna was shedding her tears on his palms and he was crying , burying his face in her hair. This was the first time Shafna saw Hudson crying so hardly. Seeing him cry, made Shafna to cry even more.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hi..

Hope you're not angry on me for writing sad chapters.

Wat u think about this chapter??

Is everything over between Shafna and Hudson?

Please do vote and leave your comments. Your precious votes and comments will be really helpful and encouraging..