#21 AGITATION

Shafna was in a mixed emotion of tension and anger. She heard someone knocking the door.

She opened the door and saw Hudson standing there in jerkin over the shirt and jean, soaked wet in rain.His eyes looked tired.

" What happened? Why are you so late? At least you should have informed me. You know how much time I'm waiting for you? " Shafna was blocking his way in.

" First let me come in and then explain Shafna. "

" Oh!! I'm sorry. Come in."

He came in and sat down with a sigh.

" Now tell me. What happened? "

" Shafna I got into the bus three hours back. On the way, there was heavy traffic because of some commotion. More than an hour, the bus didn't move a bit. "

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that. " Shafna felt bad about herself.

" I know that you'll be waiting for me. Because of rain, mobile signal was not proper. So instead of waiting in the bus, I started walking. I walked almost two hours to meet my sweetheart. But my sweetheart is angry on me without knowing all these." Hudson showed his innocent face.

Shafna placed her palm over his cheeks, " Oh dear. I'm really sorry for being angry on you. I'm a fool. " she hit her head.

Hudson caught her hand and stopped her hitting her head.

" Hey what's this dear? Stop this."

" I'm sorry Hudson. You've walked all this time when I was waiting for you. How much tired you'll be by walking? But I was questioning you without even allowing inside. Sorry dear." She kissed his forehead.

" Yes my sweetheart I'm very very tired. I need some booster to recharge me. Can you......." He pouted his lips towards her.

" No" she turned the other side.

He hugged her from the back and kept his chin over her shoulders and their cheeks touching.

" Hmm. This is enough for me. My tiredness faded away. I'm ready to walk from Kashmir to Kanyakumari just to be next to you."

" Ah!! Huh!! Is it?? So sweet. " she gave a sweet pinch in his cheeks.

" So...." He leaned towards her. She pushed him and tried to escape from him.

He clutched her hair and pulled it towards him, turned her and caged her within his arms and the wall.

He came closer to her and bent to kiss her neck. Shafna felt a tickle over her neck when his hot breath touched her skin.

" Shafna... " She heard her friend Mini calling her. They pulled away from each other.

Her friend and her boyfriend joined them. They played carom together and had dinner.

When the other pair didn't watch them, Shafna was feeding him the food. After few minutes together chatting, the guys left.

That night Shafna was talking to Hudson through phone after coming from a marriage function.

It was her friend's marriage. Her friend was a Hindu and she married a Muslim guy she was in love with.

Shafna was much worried about her marriage after coming from the function. She was in fear thinking whether their parents would accept their love.

She shared Hudson about her fear. And he was also worried about that.

" Hudson. Do you think that our parents will accept this? Will we get married? If they didn't accept, what will we do? "

" I too don't know that. But I cannot be without you."

" I'm afraid about my parents Hudson. I don't know how I'll tell them. Will your parents accept us?"

" I think they will. At least my dad will understand me. He will talk to your parents. "

" Is it? Will he accept us? At least if we have support from one side, that will be great. Can you talk to your dad? "

" Yes I can. But what is the need now? I'll talk later. "

" No. I want you to talk as soon as possible. If he says OK, then only I can be in peace. After attending this marriage, I couldn't be normal. "

" But Shafna.. "

She interrupted him.

" Please Hudson. First talk to your dad. Make him understand. Get his permission. Then talk to me. I'm sorry for pushing you. But please understand. "

" Don't you believe me?"

" I believe you more than me Hudson. Reena akka will get married soon. Then they will start arranging my marriage. At that situation, at least your dad will be there to support us. Don't mistake me. Find the right situation and talk to your dad. Then talk to me. I'm sorry Hudson. Bye. "

She didn't wait for his reply. She hanged the phone and started crying. She cried until her eyes dried out without tears.

It was more than two weeks since Shafna talked to Hudson. She was waiting for his call daily. She was waiting to hear from Hudson whether he got his dad's permission or not.

While each day passed without any news from him, she was frustrated. She felt like Hudson was going away from him.

' May be his father didn't accept our love. What if Hudson didn't even talk to him yet? Is everything over? No. I cannot live without him. Shall I call him? No. No.I won't. He will call me with a good news. I believe my Hudson. '

Shafna missed him, confused and distressed. It was nearly 12 at midnight. She was awake in his thoughts. Her mobile ringtone made her startled. ' Who is this calling at this hour? '

She saw Hudson's name on the display. Her heartbeat increased tremendously.

" Hello Hudson. " she was happy to hear his voice.

" Shafna. You didn't sleep yet? You attended the call in the first ring itself. "

" No. I couldn't sleep. "

" Oh OK. Sorry for the delay. I waited for the right time."

" So you talked to your dad? What did he say?"

" Yes. I told my dad about us. I think he accepted my wish. He told us to wait. When the time comes, he will talk to you and your family. "

" Is it a positive sign? "

" Of course my dear. He didn't reject it. He didn't say no. So that is a positive sign only. Are you happy now?"

" I'm happy. Very much. Love you Hudson. Sorry for troubling you. "

" Love you so much Shafna. And you are not at all a trouble. Believe me."

They were chatting through phone and it was almost 3:00 a.m. Hudson told her to wait for sometime and after half an hour he called back.

" Shafna. Come out of the house."

" What? Now? But why? "

" Ahh!! How many questions will you ask? Do as I say dear. Come out now."

She sneaked out of the house without disturbing her friends.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hi everyone..

Thanks for giving 200 votes for my story. It encouraged me a lot. I'm really happy. Thanks dears..

Please do vote and leave your comments. Your precious votes and comments will be really helpful and encouraging..