Chapter 10: Unsuccessful Attempts

Beep

I hurt everywhere.

Beep

I didn't know where I was.

Beep

I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. Blake was fast asleep in the chair beside my bed and Kimmy's voice drifted in from the hall.

"Are you sure she was raped?"

"Positive. There is a significant amount of vaginal tearing that doesn't happen during birth. We used a rape kit to be sure."

"Results?"

"She was definitely raped. We need to get her to admit it though. If we don't, he might get away with it."

Everything slowly came back to me. I was in the hospital. I jumped from the top of the dorm building in an attempt to kill myself and the baby. I was now lying in the hospital with Blake and Kimmy to keep me company. I sighed and Kimmy reentered the room to see me up. She didn't even bother with the typical greetings of 'How are you?' 'Oh! You're finally up.' No. She skipped right over and took a more violent method.

"Why the fuck did you do that to us you bitch?!"

I felt the tears.

"It's hard to explain."

"Is it because of the baby?"

I nodded. She ran her fingers through the last inch or so of her hair in frustration. Even though it made her look like she was fixing her appearance.

"Well then you failed and nearly killed yourself."

I didn't comprehend what she meant until she started to explain.

"You jumped off the fucking roof and landed on who-knows-what that saved your life. We couldn't find anything that could have helped you. The only thing below you was the solid concrete."

I cleared my throat.

"There was nothing below me though. I should have died."

"I know you should have died! That's what I don't understand! You and the baby should both be dead right now but here you are, perfectly fine in a hospital room and he's undergoing examination to make sure he's alright! Besides that, you came out unscratched with a perfectly healthy baby boy!"

I had a son. I failed in my suicide attempt and I had a son. I started to cry.

"I want to see him."

Kimmy stopped her angry rant and froze.

"You want to see him?"

I nodded.

"Okay. Alright then."

She left the room and the doctor came in.

"You want to see your baby?"

I nodded again. The doctor left the room and I waited for a while. I kept waiting and nobody came in. There were whispers coming from outside the room. Blake was snoring now, head tilted back. Kimmy finally came in.

"I have news."

"Please tell."

"The doctor wants to know who the father is."

I cocked my head.

"Why?"

"I told him you were a virgin and then they did a test on you and he thinks you were raped. I told him it wasn't true but he just kept insisting that you were raped due to the fact of the vaginal tearing. Something like that. Blake tried to explain you weren't raped too, but..."