Chapter 40: Peaceful

*One and a half years later*

"Blake! Can you please get her?"

"Yeah."

I run upstairs to the nursery. I gently pick up Sky and take her back downstairs. Boston rolls her eyes when I enter the kitchen.

"I didn't say bring her to me."

"You asked me to get her."

I smile at her and cradle our daughter to my chest.

"You are such a pain in the butt, Blake."

I step forward and slap her ass.

"What was that for?"

"You said I'm a pain in the butt. So I gave you a pain in the butt. One that will substitute for your favorite toy. Until later."

I motion to my prized package. It's her favorite toy. She screams it all night long.

"I hate you so much."

"You aren't allowed to say that."

"And why not?"

"Because it's a lie. You wouldn't have married me if you hate me."

She rolls her eyes. I step forward and plant a kiss on her cheek. She turns, getting back to whatever food she has cooking for dinner. I pull out a chair at the dining room table, sitting. Sky's bright blue eyes stare up at me.

"So how was work today, Blake?"

"Same old thing. So what did you and Sky do all day?"

"Well, we already filled out the Christmas cards. I was going to mail them tomorrow."

"But it's still November."

"Yes. It's November twenty eighth, Blake. Some of the cards are going to my old friends in California. It'll take a while so I figured, why not send them a little earlier?"

"Go for it."

"I think there's an open one on the counter if you want to check it out."

I reach over and grab the card. I open the flap that, thankfully, isn't sealed and remove the card. Sky yawns and I put the card on the table. I strap her into her bouncer and sit back down. I look over the photos that Boston selected for this year's card. The first is a picture of us with Sky while we were on vacation. The next is a picture of my girls. Sky is seated in her bouncer at the bottom of the stairs and Boston is kneeling beside her. Boston is has a finger to her lips and she's holding up a little white thing. Sky has a sign resting on her as she attempts to hold it. The sign says 'I'm going to be a big sister in July! Don't tell my Daddy!'

I look up at Boston. She's smiling.

"Are you serious? You're pregnant?"

"Yes."

I get up from the table and pick her up. I spin her around once before setting her back on the ground. I bring our lips together and kiss her deeply. Sky breaks us up with one of her famous screams. I groan and Boston pulls back. Sky continues to scream. I pick her up and she's back to her bubbly, six month old self.

"Looks like she's an attention hog like her daddy."

"Ha-ha. I just can't believe I'm going to be a father again!"

"Well you keep "forgetting" to wear a condom. I think you want to be a dad again."

"Who wouldn't? Sky and you are my most precious girls. Why wouldn't I want another precious kid?"

She laughs and Sky does too. I put an arm around Boston and kiss her on the head before looking back at Sky.