Chapter 2: The Monster Of The East

Welcome back to Lap of the gods, everyone. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the chapter. Please remember to COMMENT and VOTE; it means a lot to me. Plus, I like talking to you guys and hearing your opinions. ~XOXO BUTTERBALL~
________________________________________________________________________________

-Sorey-

"You are the Monster of the East, correct?"

I looked up from my mug; a human man was standing in front of me, looking uneasy. But then again, when you see someone covered in blood, it can be unsettling.

I took a small drink from the mug as I stared at him; the liquor burned its way down my throat and left behind a familiar warmth in my stomach.

"What?" I grumbled.

This fool would probably pester a dragon just to get burned.

The man shifted from foot to foot for a moment as he looked away from me.

Eventually, he looked back at me and spoke, "Are you the demon named, Sorey? The one that they call the Monster of the East?"

I let out a small yawn as I stared at the man.

I may be a monster, but I'm also a God compared to you, human. Treat me with the respect I deserve.

A scowl formed on my face as I realized he was too scrawny to be a good meal.

"Yes, I am him," I sighed, the disinterest leaking into my tone.

He could always be a good toy for a while.

The human slowly sat down across from me; he was trembling and refusing to meet my eyes. A small sneer spread across my face.

"I-I heard that you do certain jobs if you're offered enough," he whispered.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you frightened? You act like you don't know how to look someone in the eyes properly."

His gaze met mine for only a moment before darting away again, almost frantically, which caused me to smirk.

The man sat up straight; then, he quickly glanced around the near-empty tavern before returning his attention to me.

"I-I am the chief of Kikewi village it is a small village comprised mostly of humans, years ago we had to exile one of our villagers. I want that person killed before they wreak havoc and bring the Maker's wrath down on us," he told me quickly.

He let out a sigh before he spoke again, "I don't want to do this, but it forced my hand. It's nothing more than an out of control beast that wants our blood! Please, I'll pay any price!"

I took another sip of my liquor as I stared at the man. He seemed extremely paranoid, like he was going to be attacked at any moment.

"If you want this person dead, I'll need more information about them, such as how they look," I informed him.

The man bit his lip as he extracted a piece of paper from inside his dark blue tunic.

The paper was worn and crumpled up, but the man quickly smoothed it out and handed it to me.

"The person is a woman, one of those horrid Fae creatures. Please, I beg of you to destroy her before she comes back and kills us all," he pleaded frantically.

I noticed a few of the tavern patrons glance at him before going back to their own business.

A fairy, hmm. I haven't met a Kindred for a long time.

I examined the sketch that was on the piece of paper. I noticed long reddish-brown hair, large doe-like blue eyes, and finely curved ears.

 I noticed long reddish-brown hair, large doe-like blue eyes, and finely curved ears

She looks so fragile, but then again, she is a fae.

I let out a sigh as I folded up the paper and placed it in my pocket.

"Where would I find her exactly, human?" I asked him.

And for a second, he seemed startled as though he was shocked that I followed along with him.

"W-we exiled her to the sky city of Via. The one that belongs to your people, Lord Sorey," he told me quickly.

Our Ancient city, it has been abandoned for years now, the little fae doesn't stand a chance.

"How much are you willing to pay?" I asked quickly.

The man fidgeted a bit, still struggling to look me in the eye. "T-two thousand gald, it was the most our small village could get together. Even with the Church of the Sacred Wing's help."

The Church of the Sacred Wing is involved? This job sounds interesting...

"Alright, I'll take the job," I sighed before taking another drink.

The man's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you sure, Sir? I thought demons protected the fairies?" He asked slowly.

I shrugged slightly as I tapped my claw on the wooden table. "A job is a job," I said.

The man nodded slowly then reached into his tunic once again; then, he placed a bag of money on the table.

"There's your payment, Sir. Two thousand gald," he told me.

I pocketed the money then looked at him. "Any specific way that you want her killed?" I asked him.

He shook his head almost frantically. "No, My Lord. I want to make sure that she dies," he told me firmly.

I just nodded at his answer. Once the human left, I paid for my drink and exited the tavern.

I looked up at the sky. It had turned a dark blue and purple color as the sun started setting on the horizon.

"Our great city of Via. I know it well," I whispered.

I'll leave in the morning, that way I'll be well-rested, and it will be more exciting.

I stretched, fanning my wings out behind me as I did. Afterward, I headed into the nearby forest to get some sleep.