Ch.1: The Guardian Of light

The year is 2007, Last week of summer vacation and Rebecca is trying to finish everything in her list of summer things. Rebecca is a smart brunette, she loves helping others and wants to finish everything on time. She going to be senior, last year of high school, she's worried that she will fail in life but there always something that tells her different. On that Friday afternoon, she close to end her list of summer things. She needed three more to do: Go to the amusement park w/ friends, eat at favorite restaurant and find summer love. Even though the last item of her list won't come true she still try. "Well... I can try the other two. I'm going to call Monica." She goes to her phone and dial. On her bed she waited for Monica to pick up. Monica is a small girl that look easily to break but really she's a tough girl. People knows her as a naive and small girl but to Rebecca she a tough loveable girl. She usually doesn't answer her phone right away, she takes her sweet time to answer. "Hello. Rebecca?" She answer. She speaks like didn't read the caller ID. "No it's Santa Clause. I wanted to call you to see what you want for Christmas." I answered her. She knew I was playing around, and I knew too that she went along with my acting.

"Oh well Let me see: I want a diamond and I want Leonardo DiCaprio as my husband and...." "Okay, princess. How are you? What have you been up to?" I ask her.

"Fine I was thinking of calling you later today."

"Really? You were? Well listen do you want to hang out this week before school start?"

She pause for a minute, as she was thinking if she would go with me or not. Then I said to her

"I'll buy food for you..."

"Alright I'll hang with you! What about Lizzy?" She asked.

Lizzy, or Elizabeth, is another good friend of Rebecca. They meet in junior high, when Elizabeth was the new girl at school. No one will get near her, as if she was going to bite them that how far they kept their distance with her. Until the 5th grade teacher assign a project, Rebecca and Monica partner up with her for that project and it was the best thing too. Elizabeth is a sweet girl; dark hair with green eyes she really had a good personality. And the best thing they found out is that she has money. She had enough to buy another house to spend during the summer.

"I haven't ask her yet. I thought she might be down south for the whole summer or something." She told her.

"Well she might be here early. Just call her and see what happens"

"Alright I will, we will meet here tomorrow at my house around two is that alright?

"Yeah that's fine! I'll see you tomorrow! Bye"

"Bye"

After Rebecca hang up she thought for a moment and wonder if Lizzy would be home already. So she use the speed dial she had for Lizzy. It rings, twice, she heard a voice from the other end. "Hello, Lizzy is that you?" Rebecca ask to the other voice from the phone. She clear her throat before answering her.

"Yes it's me. What's up Rebecca?" Lizzy answer her

"Nothing much, I'm doing my planning and I was wonder if you're in town?

She pause at that moment. Rebecca had a feeling that she trying to come up with an excuse. Trying to avoid her but she didn't.

"Yes, I'm in the town and yes I will hang out with you."

"Alright" Rebecca reply to her, "Meet me at my house tomorrow at 2. Okay?" She told Lizzy.

"Yeah, that's fine" she said.

"Alright. I'll see you then." Rebecca hung up the phone and started getting ready. She was thinking what she can do so she went downstairs to her parents.