Ch.19 Part 1

Today is the day. The day where a piece of paper that tells you that you are no longer a child but an adult. It the time where you have be responsible having no one holding you up. Everyone was getting ready, well the girls were, for this day. Having their hair fix, having someone doing your makeup, and everyone having their tassel on their right side.

Rebecca was at home combing her hair. She wasn't doing anything immense for today. Once she was ready, her mother knock on her door.

"Hello my love." Her mother welcome her.

"Hi. Almost ready."

"Alright no rush my love." Her mother said kissing her on the head. Her mom exit the room as she close the door she saw a figure downstairs. Her back was turn away from Rebecca's mother. The figure turn around staring at her. It was Athena.

"Oh I didn't expect you so soon." Rebecca's mother said coldly.

"I'm sorry Mary but I here for a reason. A reason that you and I know." Athena told her scolding her.

"Is there a place where you and I can talk?" Athena ask her. Mary wave her hand towards the office room.

"After you" Mary said childish. Athena enter the room. She took a look around the room. It was a mixture of a playroom and an office.

"Mary, I'm truly sorry that I have to do this but..." Athena began to explain but Mary interrupt,

"But what?! Taking my child away from me on the day when she is free to leave. I was hoping that you will come in a week." Mary said to her.

"Your Child!? It wasn't yours to begin with. Please don't make it a big deal. I love and care for Rebecca. I'm only thinking of her."

"It's not fair!"

"I know it isn't" Athena said placing her hand on Mary's shoulder.

"But it wasn't fair when Octavia gave up her life for us." Athena told her. It was like a trigger. It made Mary go down to her knees and sob.

"Please Mary. Not now. Not when Rebecca is still here." Athena told her as she try to stand her up.

"Listen I can wait for a day I just wanted your opinion about when to take Rebecca."

"I know. It just she looks so much like her mother. She was a good friend" Mary told her with tears in her eye.

"And you were a good friends to her. After all you help her raise her child. She trusted you more than me."

"You want to know the truth. I had a dream, we were at the kingdom and I was in the garden. It was so peaceful it was the best dream I had then she appear. She told me since we been friends longer and she wanted me to take care of Rebecca. I ask her why me? She told me that because Athena will train her as soon as she can walk."

"I wouldn't. Not right away anyway." Athena said in a guilty tone.

"I laugh when she told me that. I agree to her I mean she was my best friend, she was like my sister. Then the next thing I was expecting Rebecca, I did told Robert about it and he told me it was alright. He thought I was lying but as Rebecca was growing up he did realize I was telling him the truth."

"I see. Listen Mary I will pick up Rebecca the day after tomorrow." Athena told her as she exit the room.

"I'll have her ready." Mary told her.

Athena exit the room and headed for the door. As she reach for the door knob she heard something from the stairs.

"Athena!?" Rebecca shouted with glee. "What are you doing here?"