Ch.18 The Battle of Knight and Day

A week before graduation everyone was getting nervous for the actual day, other were happy for either leaving the school, or getting accept to college. The girls had one or two that accepting them. Rebecca had 5 schools that wanted her. The girls were more excited than she was. They ask her why she wasn't happy. She explain but the girls find it hard to agree with her. Rebecca reassure them that she is happy. "Now we all can go to the same school." She told them in a mono tone. The girls were satisfied with that.

It been a while, Athena and Ben found an apartment that suit it them. It was walking distance from everywhere. It was a big apartment with three rooms and restrooms. It was a place where everyone can hang and discuss about the past and future. Since the gang knew something was wrong with Rebecca and they went to Ben and Athena to ask them what they should do. Athena told them to not worry about it, she just need time. The gang believe her but still they felt something is not right.

The next day, which was Saturday, they all went to the mall to hang out and make Rebecca feel better. They went shopping; they went to the clothing store for the girls, then to the guys stores, then they went to the book store, and lastly went to the food court. The food court did a whole new model ever since the attack. It was a great new model. As they were sitting there Rebecca saw Lizzy with Monica and a new guy. Rebecca was confuse to see a guy there with them. Rebecca went up to them.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Rebecca ask them. She was referring to Lizzy and Monica.

"I'm here with Monica and Ricky." Lizzy explain to her. "Oh, I see." Rebecca said.

"Yeah. Ever since Sebastian hasn't call me and I couldn't reach him so I decide to move on." Lizzy explain her situation. Rebecca became a bit upset when she heard Lizzy talk about Sebastian like that. Treating him like a piece of trash, like he's nothing. "Oh yeah. Him." Rebecca said under her breath. "What did you say?" Monica ask her. "Oh nothing."

"Do you know what happen to him?" Lizzy ask in a tone that Rebecca didn't feel comfortable.

"Well... I don't know. He can be anywhere."

"You know something about him don't you." Lizzy exclaim to Rebecca.

"No I don't know where he is?" Rebecca told her.

"Yes you do know! I know that you have been giving the eye."

"I never saw him like that before!"

"Before what?!" Lizzy began to shout. Rebecca try to calm her down but she wouldn't. Lizzy was shouting about how she wanted to have Sebastian to herself. That she always wanted to have them break up. Rebecca was in the verge in tears trying to calm her down. The gang heard the uproar between them so they went up and went to get Rebecca. By that time Rebecca had her hands coving her eyes trying to keep the tears from falling of her face. Then Genevieve and Desirey grab Rebecca and took her to the restroom While Kelly, Ellen and the guys try to hold back Lizzy, Monica and the new guy. Lizzy was still shouting at Rebecca. "I knew it! I knew it! We're not friends anymore!" Lizzy shouted at her. Rebecca was finally able to hold back the tears. She knew she lost a best friends.

"Rebecca, it fines. Don't feel too bad please." Desirey told her. "I know but I feel sick to my stomach. I think she's right." Rebecca told her.

"What do you mean? You didn't fall in love with him on first sight. Right?" Genevieve ask.

"I mean he was okay. I didn't feel anything at first, but as our friendship grew bigger I felt something different. Something inside me change. I thought it was a crush but I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was like I was in love."