Chapter 5: A falling ball

The following day

I come to school as usual, today I arrive at school pretty early. I still remember about what happened yesterday when I walked home...and Byron did save me. So today, at the way I came to school, I stopped by a small bakery near my house and bought some cookie to requite Byron about the rescue.

When I got in the classroom, I can see Byron is already there sitting on his chair. I walk straight to him as he's talking with someone. When I walk closer, I see Merry is standing in front of Byron's table and talking with him amusingly.

"Good morning Merry, Byron!!". I wave at the two of them with a big smile.

"Good morning". Byron turns to gaze at me and greets me back.

"..Hi...". Merry says with her quiet voice as usual. I wonder is she always talking quietly like this. Then Byron seems to notice a cookie box in my hand and he speaks at once.

"What is that in your hand? A cookie box??".

"Oh...This?". I almost forget about cookies that I want to give him.
"Actually...I've bought it for you."

"For me..?!". He repeats in confusion. And Merry seems to surprise by hearing me say that too.

"Yes, it is a returning for you to save me about yesterday".

"Wait! What happened yesterday?! Byron saved you about what?!". Merry asks, her expression is pretty anxious.

"Yesterday, in the way I walked home, I was almost run over by a truck, but thanked to Byron he did save me before that will happen". I say as handing Byron a cookie box. Then he accepts it with a smile.

"Thank for the cookie. But next time, you should be careful when you cross the street ok?". He sigh softly.

"Yeah, I'll be more careful...sorry to cause you a problem".

"It was not a big deal, don't worry about that..".

"Byron...Don't forget about this evening ok?!". Suddenly Merry spoke cutting off Byron.

"..Alright...". Byron nods firmly. Then Merry starts walking away, leaving only me and Byron.

"Umm...what was that?". I ask him in curious.

"Actually I have a meeting this evening as a classroom's rep". He says as letting out a sort sigh and continues speaking
"To be honest, I wouldn't want to be a classroom's rep at all, it has so many works to do".

"Hehe..don't say so, if you won't be who else will...and I think you'll be the best to become one". I smile cheerfully at him, then he smiles back shyly.

"..You sure are...". Before Byron can finish speaking, suddenly a teacher comes in the class, it makes us stop the conversation immediately. Finally we both end up focusing on our course of study. I wonder what he's going to say...

..................................

In the afternoon

After I had lunch with Nita and Merry( Merry brought her lunchbox today, so we could have lunch together), Nita offers to take me tour around the school. So at last, the three of us are walking around while chatting all along.

"By the way, did you go to the tennis court already?". Nita asks

"Yeah, and coach Alice told me I can start for today in this evening, so I brought my sportswear too!".

"Huh? You like playing tennis Era?". Merry asks

"Yes, I love it! Playing tennis was my dream! I look forward for this evening". I answer her with an exciting expression.