Chapter 7: Byron and Alyn

One week has passed, it seems like my body is getting better now. Even though it was just a week, but I felt like forever...anyway my body is healed already, so I've planned to start playing tennis for now one.

I come to school as usual, and now I'm standing in front of the door of my classroom. As I'm going to open it, someone called out to me from behind, it makes me stop moving my hand for a sudden.

"Morning Era!". As I turn to look at that person, I see a guy with golden hair is waving at me with a charming smile...Wait this guy is—

"Alyn!". I shout his name without thinking, then he grins at me as approaching to where I'm standing.

"So, you still remember my name then".

"Of course, I can remember. You were the one who returned the hankie that I had dropped accidentally a week ago, weren't you?"

"Yep....And what about your nosebleed? I saw you had a lot of bloods on your face that day, has it gotten better already?". He smirks as gazing at me.

"Y-you noticed it?!! What a shame! Please forget about that, it was too embarrassing". As I said so, he laughs at once.

"Haha—Noway, that face of you, I won't never forget".
He's teasing me, isn't he?

"Not funny". Now, I feel more embarrassed...what does he want anyway.

"Don't worry. I won't go spreading rumors about you". He giggles at me amusingly.

"Should I believe you?". I scowl at him. Then he gives me a soft smile.

"Of course, you can trust me. I'm a gentleman after all". As saying that, he moves closer and I just stand still staring at him.

Just then, the classroom door opens immediately and I see Byron and Merry appear behind the open door. Byron's eyes glow wide as seeing me, but then his expression turns to be serious as his eyes meet Alyn's. The two of them staring at each other for a moment in silence, just then Alyn turns his face to me and says

"See you then". As he finishes speaking, he starts walking to the next classroom door....I stare after him as he entries into his class. It was pretty weird somehow. Then Byron's voice startled me.

"You've known him?". Byron gazes at me steady with a puzzle look on his face.

"Eh....you can say, I guess". I shrug firmly. Just when he's going to say something more, Merry's voice resounds interrupting him.

"Byron, teacher Callie is waiting for us, we should go already".

"Oh...you're right". Then the two of them start walking away. I stare after them for a moment....and thinking to myself: being a classroom's rep sure is busy. Then I turn my gaze to the open door and start walking in.

..................................

In the evening

"Let's start Era!". Coach Alice shouts loudly. Then I begin to throw a tennis ball up and start hit it by a racket I'm holding. After then, the another person who is standing opposite of me hits the ball back toward me.