Chapter 9: The feeling

After that day that Byron and I went to the park, he's asked me to walk to school together with him for everyday and he told that he will wait for me in front of the park that we've hung out together. As our way home is in the same direction after all, it would be fine if we're going to walk to school together...so I didn't refuse him at all.
At last today is Monday, I start to go to school after finished having breakfast.

"Good luck, Era!". Mom sees me off in front of the house's gate, and I wave at her with a smiling face. Then I start walking on my way to school and of course I'll stop by the park where Byron is waiting for me. I feel happy that I'd be able to walk to school with someone, this will be the first time for me though. Plus, the person I'll go with is Byron, it makes my heart races a little.

"Good morning Byron!". Finally I arrived to the park and Byron sure is waiting for me there as he has told me. I wave at Byron with a bright smile as approaching to where he's standing.
As Byron saw me, he smiles suddenly and then greets me back friendly.
"Morning Era!"

"Sorry, I came late a little". As I said so, he quickly shakes his hands and says.

"No, not at all. I had just arrived though".

"Oh! Then...shall we go?". Byron nods slightly, and we both start walking. I'm glad I have a friend to walk with, so I don't need to feel lonely anymore. I can't help, but smile as walking next to him on our way to school. Then Byron seems to notice my expression, he turns his face to look directly at me.

"What's the matter? You keep smiling when you look at me". His voice startled me for a sudden.

"Eh...I was just...". Before I can continue saying, Byron spoke interrupting me at once.

"Don't tell me, you've got a crush on me or something?". There was a smirk on his face as saying that.

"N-no...I haven't...". I quickly shake my head, my cheeks turn red a little, though. Then he laughs softly.

"Haha...I was just kidding". So he was teasing me, wasn't he? Somehow, he's like Alyn the one who always teases me....that reminds me about what Byron has told me not to involve Alyn.

"Eh...Byron..about the another day...you've said you don't want me to involve Alyn, right?". As I said so, he looks down at me in silence. Somehow by his gaze, it makes me feel nervous.

"You want to know the reason, right?". At last Byron spoke at once, and I nod firmly.

"Well...Alyn and I had been classmates before, it makes me know him well what kind of person he is...."

"So...he's a bad person?". I asked him curiously, then Byron shakes his head and says.

"That's not what I mean...I have to admit that he's a good person and smart...Girls liked him a lot, but it seemed like he didn't care about them at all". Hearing he said that, I tilt my head to one side and lower my gaze from Byron's as reconsidering what he had just said...Alyn did't care about girls....Wait a sec! Then why he...I quickly raise my gaze to meet Byron's, then he continues saying with a low voice.

"It was pretty weird to see him involve you, though...". As he said so, he turns his face away to the another side, avoiding to look at me....I wonder what's wrong, but then I hear a whisper from him.

"I wish you weren't thinking about some other man". His voice is so low, I couldn't even hear what he had just said.

"You said something?".

"..No..".  Even though he answers me, he didn't turn his face back to look at me at all. But I can see his ears turn red a bit. What's wrong?...