Chapter 16: Going camping

The following day

"What's wrong, Era? You look like a panda today".

"Huh?". I raise my face to see Alyn looking at me worriedly. Right, yesterday after Byron told me that he won't get in my way anymore, I felt my heart breaking. I couldn't help, but cried...

"You didn't get enough sleep?". Nita spoke with a worried look, then I shook my head.

"It's nothing...anyway let's eat!". I spoke with a smile, although Alyn still glares at me with a concerned look as he's trying to read my mind. But I look away and start to eat.
Since the sport festival has ended, Nita doesn't go practice volleyball anymore. So today, I have lunch all together with Alyn and Nita.

"Anyway, why is Alyn having lunch with us". Nita who is going to start eating her food spoke with a gaze on Alyn.

"You have problems?". Alyn glares back at her with a smirk. Nita scowls at once, then she turns to look at me and says.

"Era, don't let this guy stick with you too much, he'll mess you up!".

"Hey! Watch you mouth! I'm such a good guy. Right, Era?". Alyn winks at me amusingly. But before I could say anything, Nita spoke once again.

"No, you're such a jerk!". As Nita said so, Alyn pouted at once. Looking at the two of them talking with each other like this makes me giggle, I feel even better now...maybe they're trying to comfort me.

After the lunch break has ended, Alyn went back to his classroom and now I'm sitting on my chair, studying.
After a long while, the course has ended, but the teacher is still in the class.

"Alright everyone! I have some good news to tell you!". Teacher Callie spoke with a bright smile. I wonder what kind of good news she wants to tell.

"Next week, we're gonna go camping!".

"Yeahhh!!!". Everyone shouted loudly, the room became noisy by the exciting voice of everyone talking with each other happily. Then teacher Callie added.

"We'll go to the mountain for three days, two nights. Make sure your guardians allow you to, alright?".

"Yes!!!!". Everyone shouted once again. With that teacher Callie left the class, so everyone began to go home.
For some reason, I turn to look at the person who sits next to me, and I see Byron is preparing himself to leave....Since this morning he didn't even talk to me, or get any closer to me at all...well just like he told me yesterday...my heart hurts just thinking about it. A moment later, Byron turns to look at me. I quickly look away as fast as I can...I'm not brave enough to face him. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Byron is staring at me steady, my heart starts to beat fast...but then he takes his handbag and starts to leave....And now I find myself sitting alone in the classroom. At last I also take my leave.

A week later

Finally the day for going camping has come, the school provides the bus for students to go to the mountain. And now I'm preparing my stuffs in the classroom...I'm a bit nervous though, this is my first time to go out for camping, I have no experience at all. A while later finally I get all my stuff, and then I look down to my watch to see there's five more minute left before the bus starts leaving.
"I have to hurry" I spoke as taking my bag and start walking toward the door.

"You're a bit late, Era. Is there anything wrong?" Teacher Callie who saw me stepped into the bus spoke with a worried look.

"No, I'm fine"

"Ok, then have a seat." I nod and look around, searching for somewhere to sit. But all I can see is there's no blank seat for me at all. Everyone has their own seat except me...I guess I have to stand like this all along the way to the mountain. I gave a heavy sigh, feeling depressed(I should have come earlier). Just then someone stands up and says.