Chapter 11: Misunderstanding[1/2]

"Byron...from now on you don't need to wait for me anymore".

I says with determination. Even though I don't want to say it, but I have to...I don't want that rumor to spread around more than this, and I don't want Byron to misunderstand about me as well. If I just keep the distance between us, that rumor might diminish soon.

"But why?". Byron frowns firmly as staring down at me.

"....". What should I say? I have to think of some excuse now, even if it will be a lie.
"...Well..I don't want you to get home late just because of me.....and I had a friend to go home with already..". I spoke hesitantly.

"You had?". Byron repeats curiously.

"Yes...don't worry". I smile at him, just want him to believe what I've said. Then he lets out a sort sigh and says.

"Alright if you say so, but you have to be careful, Ok?". There he goes, finally he agrees.

"Yes, I promise I'll be very careful, I'm not a kid after all". I flash him a smile, then he smiles back...thank goodness.
"And Byron, for tomorrow you don't need to wait for me as well, I'll be a bit late".

"Era!". Suddenly someone calls out my name from somewhere nearby us, it makes me turn my attention to that person immediately. Just then I see..

"Alyn!". I shout as seeing the person who has called me recently was Alyn. As Byron heard I says Alyn's name, he turns his face to look at Alyn who is walking toward me with a grin and waving at me friendly. As Alyn notices Byron, he startles a little but continues walking toward me.

"Era, I was looking for you". Alyn spoke as he stops in front of me with his usual smile.

"You were..looking for me?". I repeat in confusion. I didn't see him for a while since Byron told me not to involve him...but why was he looking for me anyway. Then Byron turns to look at me.

"So he is a friend that you were talking about?". Byron spoke, his gaze was intense as looking at me. He must have thought I'll walk home with Alyn.

"N-no, I'm not going to walk home with Aly—". Before I could finish saying, Alyn cuts me off.

"You'll walk home with me, Era?". Alyn spoke with a mischievous grin as staring down at me.

"Noway, she's with me". Byron spoke before I can say any words. My eyes wide as hearing he said so, my heart skips a beat.
"Let's go". Byron spoke, then he takes my hand and starts waking, leaving Alyn behind...but Alyn said he was looking for me, that means he had something to talk with me, hadn't he? I look back over my shoulder to see Alyn standing still and staring at me, then he gives me a small smile and waves goodbye to me.

"Eh...Byron..". I turn to look at him as he's still holding my hand. Then he turns to look back at me.

"...When you said I don't need to wait for you anymore...I feel lonely somehow...". Byron spoke with a low voice, I can see a sadness through his gaze as he's looking down directly at me. Then he continues saying.
"..But if that is what you wished...I'll do it...anyway, I just hope I can walk home with you today for the last time".

"..Byron..". I says his name quietly, I feel sad as thinking about that message and I might not be able to walk home with him anymore. Then he lets go of my hand, and smiles softly.

"But if you want me to walk home with you, tell me anytime. I will always be by your side". He pats my head gently. My heart is pounding loudly, but it makes me relax as hearing he said that.

"..thank you..".

.......................................

After Nita left Era, she headed to the classroom, she is standing in front of a door, waiting for her best friend to finish preparing some stuff before going home. Nita's hand is holding a paper that Era has gotten. Just then the door opens and Merry walks out.