Chapter 18: Happiness[The End]

A week later

After making decision, I've prepared the documents to transfer to another school. I didn't tell anyone yet and I guess no one would care after all. Today is my last day for me at this school, I feel sad and lonely somehow. I didn't talk with Byron much since we came back from camping..well he's always busy with his work as a class rep and his training...I wonder whether I should tell him about my leaving or not.

"Hey Era! Are you listening??" Suddenly Nita's voice brought me out of my thought.

"Are you daydreaming or something?" Alyn smirked.

Right...I'm having lunch with Nita and Alyn as usual, but today would be my last time here. I think I should tell them now. I looked at the two of them firmly, and took a deep breath.

"I'm going to transfer to another school."

"What?!!" Nita and Alyn shouted at the same time, their expression surprised.

"You're just kidding, aren't you?" Nita asked with a faint smile.

"I'm not kidding, I'm telling you the truth."

"Seriously?" Alyn frowned in curious, his smile faded.

"Yeah...today is my last time here, I'll transfer tomorrow."

"Why so sudden!!" Alyn cried out with surprise, he stared at me firmly.

"Why? Why do you have to transfer? Is something the matter? Era, what's wrong?!"

"Hey Alyn calm down" Nita spoke, trying to calm him down.

"Anyway, why did you decide to transfer?" She spoke curiously, the two of them looked straight at me. Look like I have to tell them, so at last I began telling the story.

.............................................

Meanwhile, Byron is in Albert's classroom, having lunch with him.

"By the way Byron, why do you come to have lunch in my class? Did you miss me that much?" Albert smirked at Byron amusingly.

"What?! Why do I have to miss you! I'm not a gay, you know?!" Byron scowled at once.

"Haha! Just kidding! I just thought you prefer to stay at your classroom because you want to be with Era." Albert spoke teasingly. As Byron heard that, he remained silent at once.

"Speaking of which, I didn't see you being with Era for a while now...did you guys have a fight or something?"

"No...I'm just trying to keep distance from her...that's all" Byron spoke quietly. Albert's eyes widened in surprise.

"Why?? You like her, don't you?" Albert asked curiously.

"Yeah...but she doesn't like me after all and she always be with Alyn, and today also they are having lunch together."

"So you can't stand watching them being together and you came to my room, right?"

"Well..." Byron gave a deep sigh, feeling depressed. Albert placed his hand on Byron's shoulder, cheering him up.

"Shouldn't you be doing something about it right now? You aren't simply going to let someone else take her, are you?" Albert spoke firmly, Byron looked up to meet his friend's intense gaze.

"..But I've promised her that I won't get in her way anymore.."

"I know you regret making that decision....Has Era ever said she likes Alyn?" As hearing that, Byron's eyes widened, thinking to himself. Albert gave him a cheerful smile.