Chapter 12: Misunderstanding[2/2]

After Byron left the canteen, he headed straight to his classroom, intending to see Era. After hearing that rumor about her, his mind fills with confusion.

"No, Era isn't that kind of person".

Byron mutters to himself while walking on his way. At last he reaches to the classroom, then he opens the door to see Era sitting on her seat as usual, but then he notices Alyn is there with her as well, Byron frowns at once, he stands still in the doorway, watching the two of them enjoy talking with each other. At last he decides to walk in, at the same time Era turns her face to his direction, she's a bit surprised as seeing him there. Just then Alyn speaks at once.

"Hey Era, would you like to go for a walk". Alyn smiles at her brightly.

"Eh..". Era spoke hesitantly, a moment later she nods slightly. Alyn grins at once, then he stands up and takes hold of Era's hand just to drag her to stand up and to walk after him. Byron scowls firmly as seeing that, but Alyn ignores him and continues walking with his hand still holding Era's.

"Hey wait!". Byron shouts before they can walk past him. Alyn turns to face Byron, and gives him a mischievous grin, then says.

"Era and I will go for a walk, so don't–".

"Go wherever you want, but I have to talk with Era". Byron interrupts before Alyn can finish saying.

"I'll bring her with me". Alyn replies confidently, and without waiting for Byron to say anything back, Alyn tugs Era's hand to continue walking out from the classroom.

            .........................................

"Alyn! Where are you going?". I say as Alyn still holding my hand to walk after him, it was a little far from the classroom we have just left now, but he still continues walking without saying any words. But then he stops at once, and turns to look at me.

"..I don't know..". As saying so, he lets go of my hand.

"You want to go for a walk, don't you?".

"...It was just an excuse..to be with you...because every time when Byron appears, he always takes you away..". Alyn says as he looks deep into my eyes, that gaze of him is hard to think that he is joking. I remain silent, staring at him, but then he chuckles and says.

"Look at you! your face is red like a tomato".

"W-what?!". What does he mean? Am I blushing? I place my hand on my cheek to feel that my skill is hot. Then Alyn keeps laughing.
"What's so funny?".

"Nothing". He shrugs his shoulders, and grins amusingly. There he goes, teasing me again. I decide to walk away, if I am with him any longer, he might tease me even more.

"Hey! Don't run away, I won't bite". Alyn shouts as following me from behind. I let out a sigh, then smile with relief. At first I thought there's no one who will believe in me, on the contrary I still have someone who trusts me. I keep smiling to myself, then Alyn comes to walk next to me and he chuckles once again.

"Better smiling than grimacing".

"Huh?". As he said so, I raise my face to look at him. Then he continues speaking.

"..I like your smile". As hearing that, my eyes widen in surprise. What did he just say? Is he teasing me again?

"I..I didn't mean that in a weird way". Alyn says nervously, he flushes a little. Seeing this side of him makes me chuckle, it's not often to see him being like this.

"I'll consider it as a compliment then". I giggle to myself amusingly.

"You can think of it as a lie". There's a smirk on his face.