Chapter 8: hanging out

On the weekend

I'm sitting alone in my bedroom looking out over the window. The outside view is beautiful as usual in autumn season. Today is Saturday, so I don't need to go to school. I sit on the edge of my bed all along since I woke up, thinking about what Byron had said the another day.

<I don't want you to involve him much>

Byron did say that...which meant he didn't want me to concern with Alyn, right?...even though Alyn is kind of a teasing but it seems like he isn't a bad person, is he?

While I was deep in thought, I hear a knock on the door of my room. I turn my face to look at it instantly, then the door is opened slightly and mom's face appears behind the door.

"Era, breakfast is ready". Mom says as opens the door wide.

"Oh...thank you". I give her a big smile, then stand up and start walking toward to the door. Before I can get through it, mom speaks once again.

"You always stay in your bedroom, you rather go out with some friends than rest here all along".

There was a worried look on her eyes as gazing at me...how can I tell that I have no friend to go with. Even if, Nita and Merry have already became my friends but we have never asked each other to hang out at all.

"..Alright mom...". Then she smiles at last. Even though I said so, but I still worry who I'll hang out with...but anyway it would be fine only by myself.

After I had breakfast and I waited until noon, and then told mom I'll hang out with some friends....I known it was not very good to lie, but I don't want her to worry too much about me. At last I start walking out from the gate of my house, thinking where I should go.
As I'm walking on the pathway, I suddenly notice a bakery which I have usually stopped by when I finished school, and of course the cookies I have ever given to Byron I've bought it from this bakery.
At last I open the door of the bakery, and then a cashier greets me friendly as usual.

"Welcome Era! Good to see you today". Since I always come to this bakery, the cashier surely remembered me.

"Good morning! I'd like to have this cupcake please". I point at a cupcake in the showcase which displays a lot of cakes.

"Right away, please wait a minute". The cashier smiles brightly, then invites me to have a seat.

I walk toward to a little table which has no one sitting and then have a seat. A while later, I got the cupcake that I've ordered. I have no idea what to do after I finish having this cupcake...maybe I could stay here until afternoon and then go back home.
While I was eating, suddenly I hear a familiar voice spoke above me.

"Can I sit here?".

I saw a body of someone is standing in front of my table pointing at the chair opposite me. It makes me raise my head to look at that person as well. And then I see...

"Byron!". I shout without thinking, then he smiles immediately.

"Hi, Era!". As saying that, he leans himself to sit down on the chair he has pointed at. And then speaks once again.
"You don't mind right? If I sit here".

"Of course not, there's absolutely no one sitting". As I said so, he frowns at once.

"Which means you came alone?".

"...Yeah...I just want to have some cakes, and I end up coming alone. What about you?". I ask him back before he could asks me any more question.

"I came to buy some cookies....the cookies you have ever given me week ago was really delicious, so I just want to taste it again. I think you might bought it from this bakery where is near your way home...". So he liked that cookies I've given to him...I'm happy to hear that, it makes me smile brightly.