"What brings you here?" Hades asked as I watched them continue to play their game.

"I needed to blow off some steam."

"Kagan could've helped with that," he murmured as Kali shot him a look.

"There's... Look I came down here because I was angry and wanted to kill someone but realized it wasn't the best idea,"

He looked up at me with a wicked grin. "You're just like your mother."

"My mom doesn't kill people," I reminded him.

"Hades, let the boy speak," my grandmother spoke firmly and moved one of her skeletons to another spot on the board.

"I met this girl... And figured out today that her guardians are hurting her and want nothing to do with her."

"And this girl is important to you?" My grandfather spoke.

"Yes."

"Celeste felt the same when she met your father," Kali spoke gently.

"I'm not in love, I just don't want to see her hurt. She's pure..."

"Does she know about your powers?" Hades asked me, his eyebrow raised.

"No..."

Hades shook his head and chuckled, "well my boy we're at a dilemma aren't we? You want to save her... But if you do with your powers you'll scare her... If you don't, she'll never know the truth."

"What are you suggesting I do? I can't kill them..."

"No," Kali looked at Hades for a moment, "we know all too well what happens when someone is killed."

I had no idea what was meant by that as I ignored it and waited for one of them to guide me. Maybe I should've gone to Kagan... At least he understood, he always had.

"She needed to learn a lesson... This is different," he huffed as I frowned.

"What could you two possibly be talking about?"

"This isn't the time for me to explain... And it's better you ask your mother," Hades dismissed my inquiry. "Trust me, you won't want to hear it from me."

"Okay?" I shrugged.

"Why not manipulate her guardians into changing their ways?" Kali asked me.

"Wouldn't work for long would it?"

"Perhaps not, but long enough to save the girl from them?"

"She's too independent to ask for my help directly or leave them to stay with me..." I realized this was getting me nowhere and would just have to talk to my mom instead.

"I'm sorry Ember," Kali spoke quietly, "I know we aren't the best with trying to not kill something," she smiled sympathetically.

"It's okay, thanks," I turned away and left the underworld moments later still feeling frustrated. I guess my mom was going to have to help me after all.

Xena was playing a video game on my Xbox that I rarely used when I returned.

"Do you actually know how to play?" I chuckled as she fired at the opponent on COD.

"No, but it's violent and I like it," she grinned and continued playing. "How did it go with your grandparents?"

"They weren't that helpful honestly." I sat down on the floor and watched her as she threw a grenade towards a group of people running towards her.

"Sheesh Xena," I joked as she rolled her eyes and continued blowing up things.

"Maybe you should tell her why you can help her," she began.