When I arrived home, Kagan had already showed up. How did I know that? The house seemed much brighter than usual.

"Hey," I announced myself as Kagan stuck his head out from the hallway and greeted me.

"Hey Ember, how are you?"

"Fine," I smiled back a little and continued on my way to go find Nanuk.

My mother's voice was hushed as she continued talking to Kagan. I'm assuming my dad was still at work because I didn't hear his voice either.

"Hey girl," I sat down as she rambled into my arms and licked my face enthusiastically.

"Ember," my mom called gently, "can you come here for a moment and please?"

I sighed and got up while holding Namuk in my arms. It's not like she would understand what was going on.

Kagan smiled again at me as I sat down on the couch and looked at them both. Some plan was forming in their minds and by the looks of it I wasn't going to like it.

"Your mother suggested that you come stay with me for a few days,"

I looked at my mom and saw she was looking down at the floor. It made me feel bad for a moment, was I really causing her that much trouble?

"What about school?" I asked carefully.

"You won't get behind, I promise," Kagan looked towards my mom and back to me.

Now naturally I wouldn't mind going with Kagan, but I couldn't get my mind off of trying to find Mandy again.

"Ember," my mom began gently, "I'm not trying to punish you."

"It's fine mom," I stood up, "I'll go grab my things."

I didn't say anything as I left with Kagan a few moments later. There just wasn't much for me to say.

"Your mom was like you," Kagan chuckled as I gave him a look.

"My mom? You're kidding."

"Why do you think she doesn't follow in Hades footsteps?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"I knew she didn't like it... But I didn't, she is?"

"I mean, she had you with a mortal," Kagan chuckled once more, "she definitely wasn't a rule follower."

I felt guilty after he mentioned that. Maybe I was being too hard on her.

"Don't feel bad, she understands what it's like partially." Kagan smiled as we began walking around Vesuvius, "she just doesn't know how to handle a teenage boy yet I think."

"I agree on that," I shook my head.

"Though I told her," he scratched his chin, "about my daughter and wife at the time. This was when she was contemplating on staying with Cale and defying the Gods or not."

"You had a family? I just figured you were like a bachelor."

He chuckled, "oh Ember. I probably am one now, but no, I had a daughter and wife. But I'll tell that story another time. Just know," he paused and sent down some rain for the mortals below that he took care of, "that we all have to make decisions that we may not like or that others might disapprove of. Only worry about you. Make sense?"

"Yeah," I shook my hair out of my eyes, "I wish my dad would tell me this."

Kagan gave me a small smile, "he just doesn't understand much about this supernatural world. Give him time."

I nodded again and looked down at the people who were praising Kagan for bringing them rain. "I think I'll go venture down on Vesuvius, is that okay?"

"By all means," he gestured, "just don't use any of your powers really. It'll be hard for you to leave if they find you as being different."

"Should I change my appearance too?"

"Just throw some clothes on like them," he handed me some animal skin that I slid onto my body. It itched slightly but it wasn't too uncomfortable.

"Thanks," I replied and slowly descended down onto the terrain.

**so it's kind of a filler chapter plus a repeat for any of you who already know about his family and whatnot. But to Ember this is all new and everything. Hope you're enjoying it!**