**Embers POV**

I laid on my bed and threw a tennis ball at the ceiling. Not hard enough to damage anything, but still fast enough to come back and threaten to smack my face. My mom was always trying to make me fit in here with these people, truth is it would never work. It's not that I didn't try, but I didn't fit in. Had to do with the whole being part God or whatever.

That's another thing, the whole my dad being a human and my mom is a Goddess. I still had a hard time comprehending how that worked out but I guess it works. I was always under the impression in school that couldn't happen but it seems that my parents are an exception to the rule.

Nanuk scratched at my door gently before plowing her way into my room. I put the ball down as she crawled over to my face and licked it readily. This puppy was so hyper and energetic, it always amazed me.

"Hey Nanuk," I kissed her muzzle as she licked my hand.

If only dogs could talk, I thought to myself and pretended she could. She was the only one who truly understood me, even if her brain capacity was a tenth of mine.

She looked at me with her blue eyes as she huffed and plopped onto me.

"You and me both girl," I scratched her fur as her back leg thumped happily.

My mom had mentioned something about talking to Kagan... I didn't need a babysitter. Here's the thing, I really liked Kagan, he was a cool guy. Almost as cool as my grandpa, but not quite. But when my mother had to go to some God or Goddess for advice on how to raise me it never seemed to help. I was just me, and me was complicated.

But there were some who actually understood me. The other kids who had both parents as Gods. It just sucked that they lived up there and I was down here...

I guess I'll go hang with them for a little while. My mom wouldn't worry then, I decided and got up to walk downstairs with Nanuk at my side.

"Going to go see Drake and Xena!" I called as my mom peeked her head out from the kitchen.

"Alright sweetheart," she said in a sad tone and I continued my way out the door. I was not about to stay and see why I had upset her so much this time.

When I arrived to Olympus, I spotted my two friends right away. They were talking to Artemis about something as she kept making grand hand gestures. Probably was a new story about her latest travels.

"Hey," I said when I got closer.

"Hey!" Xena flashed her bright smile and tossed her cherry red hair back, "what's up Ember?"

"Same old same old," I said trying not to give too much away around Artemis.

Drake seemed to get it and said nothing as Artemis greeted me, "hello Ember. How's your dad doing?"

"He's good, business is booming it seems," I answered as she said goodbye quickly and walked away to let the three of us have our space.

"So what happened?" Drake cut to the chase.

"My mom's pissed at me again as usual. Same crap about trying to fit in and yadda yadda. I'm tired of it man."

Drake scratched his blonde hair and sighed, "I would let you stay with my parents but I don't think my mom would appreciate it..."

Drake's mom was Athena and Xena's dad was Ares, they were an interesting bunch, but I was as well. Since we were the only children around, it made us really close obvsiously.

"As your best friend," Drake began, "I would try to give you advice... but I don't know much about having a mortal parent or how that affects you. But you're one of us regardless."

Xena nodded enthusiastically, "yeah Em, it doesn't matter if your mom is a Goddess and your dad isn't a God, you're still part of this family."

Which was true because in reality, everyone on Olympus was just considered family, regardless of the bloodlines.

"Have you talked to your grandpa recently?" Xena asked.

"Nope, but I think Kagan is coming over tonight or something. I overheard my mom say that to my dad..."

"Well Kagan is a pretty cool guy, and I think he'll be on your side," Drake added. "Let's forget about this for now and go see Poseidon's new hippocampus's. I heard there were some new ones or something like that, that aren't trained yet."

I took one look at Xena and saw the wheels turning in her head. She was the daughter of Ares after all, and her fiery eyes were blazing.

"What are you thinking Z?"

"That maybe we should go have a race," she winked before flitting off.

Drake shook his head, "alright, I'm in."

"Me too," I didn't hesitate as I took off with my friends.

**So now we're seeing what Ember is like and his friends. This will be an interesting sequel I think for me because I'm not the best at boy's POV's but I'll work on it as I go along.**