I began walking around on the slightly muddy ground while gazing at the discolored blue sky. It had stopped raining and the people were scrounging around for food and getting ready to have a feast in honor of Kagan. It was weird knowing he was the only God over these people.

I then thought back to when he mentioned a wife and daughter. What were they like? What happened to them?

I came across the ashy looking water and just stuck my hand in it. There didn't seem to be any fish, but maybe it's because the volcanoes around here always seemed to be exploding. Not enough to harm the people, but enough to show when Kagan was pissed and meant business. It seemed like a sucky job though, ruling all of this by yourself.

"No wonder he comes over to Olympus all the time," I murmured and skipped a few rocks across the murky water.

My thought then turned towards Mandy and how she had mentioned she prayed to a God. Wonder who he resembled the most out of the ones I knew? That would be something I would ask her if I ran into her again.

Maybe if things didn't work out for me on Olympus, I could come back to Vesuvius and help Kagan? Technically, there was no one next in line to rule for him if he "died". Now in reality Gods and Goddesses are immortal and whatnot, but every once in awhile there becomes a time when they have a period of being weaker. Has to do with energy and some other factors I think... Anyways, if and when during that time someone just happens to attack you, then yeah you can die pretty easily like a human. At least, that's my understanding of the whole thing.

You could see why it's a big deal when a kid is born then right? Whether fully a God or not, we were the next in line.

A mortal came up to me as I continued walking along a path. She made some hand gestures and cupped some water in her hand for me to receive. I opened my hands to cup it as a gesture of thanks and sipped it.

She grunted in response and did an unusual smile before retreating off in her animal skins towards the others. They probably assumed I wasn't like them but we're maybe unsure why that was.

I walked over to a more remote area before ascending back up towards Kagan's home. Being on my own made me feel even more out of place and I would rather be with someone who was somewhat like me.

"Everything okay Ember?" Kagan called as he was flipping through some law book that he found interesting.

"Did you ever feel that you didn't fit in anywhere?" I plopped down on the couch that was across from where he was.

Kagan turned the page before setting his book down, "because of what I am?"

I nodded.

"Hmm, I guess there were times where I felt no one understood me fully. I was a bit of a mess to be around I assume," he scratched his chin, "but I think after wandering around and finding my "place". I realized where I was most needed."

"That was here?"

He nodded, "yes, this was before I met my wife at the time though. It took a little bit of convincing her to come with me," he chuckled at the memory. "Ember, I'm not saying Olympus is for everyone. If I were needed there then I would join Zeus and the Gods immediately, but since I have a place here... I never have to worry about never being needed. It took awhile though for me to realize that."

"I feel like it's worse for me with having only one parent as a Goddess."

"And that may be true, but I know there are places where other kids feel like you."

"Will you take me sometime?" I asked eagerly.

He nodded and stood up, "I think it's best that we return to your mothers. It seems there's a lot she needs to explain to you that hadn't been before."

"Like why she got with my dad?"

"Precisely," Kagan snapped his fingers.

**If it seems like something is being repeated let me know, like conversation wise or anything. I'm already hitting a rough spot on how to write this sequel and it's frustrating me. Ideas are very much welcomed!**