22. nice guys

he knew these girls weren't going to be the girls he'd marry in the future.

he knew it didn't matter if he broke their hearts. his had torn and shriveled from the past memories. after you had suddenly drifted from his thoughts, he became someone different.

he almost seemed to become a monster.

he had never felt such heavy emotions within him, and so he didn't know how to control the anger and heartbreak.

so, life moved on, and he became a disaster.

it wasn't just because of you.

it wasn't because of matt.

but because he could not love himself for who he truly was.

even if he was the nice guy that everyone loved and trusted.

t h e e n d
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thanks for reading! not really much, but i had to get this idea out of my head and this was the best way to do it. trust me, these guys are real.

they're my best friends, guys who used to be head-over-heels for girls who didn't even know it, guys who you pass in the hallways and don't even notice, the guys who you look over in class to talk to a friend, the guy who just smiles at you because he's just nice like that ... we ignore these boys, these men, who should be treated like human beings too. they have emotions and feelings and we just look over them. i admit, i am very guilty of looking over these boys, but we shouldn't always assume that someone is okay or fine. everyone has a broken heart and a story.

he does too.

this was based on a semi-true story - a guy who used to have a crush on me (and was a very good friend of mine) started to break after every single relationship he had gone through that just fell completely out and he just totally lost himself and his heart. now, i don't even know who he is.

and i miss the guy who smiled genuine smiles and didn't have to clench his teeth and ... i lost him and so did a lot of other people because he lost himself, and we didn't appreciate him enough.

but thanks for reading :)

jackie