Huit

Huit (Eight)

Allie Hope

I saw Adam stormed off. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Alex never told us, I get her need privacy but still I can’t believe it. Her exact word she told Adam.

"I can’t believe that you said that? Alex… do you realized what you just did? The one person willing to help you get through this aside from me. You just pushed him away." I told her. She was crying. I wanted to comfort her but I couldn’t. Adam is the one who needs comforting right now.

"I know. I know it’s just I can’t be friends with someone who has a future… all I am going to do is ruin both of your lives," She said. She looked up to meet my eyes than she looked away. I knew she is lying she never cared about anything she knew what are decisions are when it comes to helping.

"Well good job doing that. You have probably just lost the person that has liked you since he met you. You just pushed away the one person who wanted to see you happy before he is. But I guess you don’t see huh?" I said as I almost screamed at her. I stopped to calm myself down. "When you have decided to not hid things from your friends come talked to us. But if you haven’t then don’t come to us at all. You make him suffer more than you do to yourself. Think about it"

I looked at Alex before I ran after Adam. I saw his face, her words hurt him. He still kind of likes her. I can’t compete with his feelings for her but I can make him a forget about her.

I stepped out of Alex house and headed next door to Adams. I went straight to his room; I still couldn’t believe that he had this big three story house. Mine is only one story with three rooms. Since my sister is in College and it’s only my parents and I.

When I made it to the third floor I opened the door to Adams room. He wasn’t there. I check his bathroom and everything else but nothing. I just lay on his bed, worried of where he is. I sighed from everything. I can’t believe what has happened today and it’s only a Monday. I replayed what happened today. I thought everything will go back to normal, well except Adam and I being a couple. And Alex being pregnant. But I guess not.

I just couldn’t stand it when they fight but what Alex said made it sound like she doesn’t trust us anymore. I just hope that maybe she doesn’t realize what she is missing. I hope she realizes that everything isn’t about her. I heard some noise coming from the roof top but I let it go. I fell into a drifty sleep.

Adam

I got to the Storage room. It was the only places that I could clear my mind. No one knew that we have a storage room. I found it when I was like 10 years old. I got in an argument with my mom and dad. I used to stay in here for a long time. I blocked out everything around me.

If you’re wondering the storage room is above my room. I know right another story. But yes, it’s basically my own world place. I even have a desk here and a mattress when I don’t want to let anyone know I am here.

It’s like running away even though I am not going anywhere. While up here I thought of everything that Alex and I have been through. From meeting each other in 6th grade to meeting Allie in 9th and now to having our friendship holding on a thread.

I can’t believe it. I replayed the conversation. She was right we don’t have to tell everything about ourselves. But we have and I got so used to telling them I guess things have changed.

I guess I don’t know Alex like the back of my hand. Maybe it’s better to just not be friends. Maybe our friendship was a mistake. I am the nerd and she is the cheerleader.

Well used to be. I guess I got to keep looking forward. Just focus on my future and my now relationship with Allie. I guess I am happy that I have Allie. She is everything I ever wanted. One of a kind. And she is my Allie.