Douze

Douze (Twelve)

We spend most of the day in the pool and then the four of us watched a movie. Since Alex wanted to watch a scary movie we picked Final Destination 4 the one with the Speedway.

Allie was scared because of the way the people died. I didn’t pay attention because I spend my time looking at Allie. She is so beautiful. She drives me crazy. The way she knows me so well.

When our skins touch it leave a warm sensation and a shiver down my spine. The closeness of her makes my blood boil and my heart race. My stomach has butterflies, I feel so complete and alive. But then when she is not by my side I feel empty, abandon, etc.

When the movie was over, we all said goodnight. Well not everyone. Damon and Alex wanted to sleep over. Not that I don’t want to its just that I want to spend some time with Allie. But Allie was the one who agreed so I had to respect her decision. We got some extra sleeping bags and then headed for the lounge.

We got everything we needed and then we just started to talk. "So Alex how are you and the baby?" Allie asked. My arm was wrapped around her waist as we sat in our sleeping bags that were by a corner on the back end of the room. We were leaning against the wall.

I had brought snacks so we could eat but most of it was gone because Alex was eating like a fat ass... I mean literally. Not that anyone of us would say anything. Alex lately has been acting like a bitch ughh and it is getting annoying. We blame it on the hormones.

"Were doing good...we got a doctor’s appointment coming up in two weeks for the mark of it being 2 months into the first trimester." she said as she was eating the chocolate chip cookies and drink chocolate milk. "We have an ultrasound thing next week,"

She told us. Her stomach hasn’t grown yet. She didn’t even look pregnant but I guess it was because it is still early in the pregnancy, right? We talked more about the Baby but then it was time to go to sleep, well Allie and Alex. Damon and I were still awake.

The room was silent, neither me nor Damon would talk, I guess because Alex and Allie are light sleepers so they would hear us but I don’t think that is the reason....I guess there is nothing that both of us like to talk about. Were just two different people....he is a jock and I am a nerd...he is popular and I am not...we just don’t connect. I know what you think how pathetic you are to put it like that well not really.

"So Alex told me that you and her known each other for a long time," Damon spoke after what been 10 minutes of staring at the ceiling and watching Allie sleep. I nodded. "That’s cool...you know when I met Alex at the beginning of 11th grade. I thought that I had competion. I knew that you liked Alex that is one of the reasons why I did the things I did"

I looked at him for a second and then looked away. It was dark so I don’t think he notice, he was staring at the ceiling with Alex wrapped in his arms. For a long time I always wanted that, to hug her but now I realize that it was never meant to be. So now I am happy I have Allie.

"I-I used to like Alex that was before I realized my feelings for Allie. And yes we met in 6th grade. When she first moved into the house." I told him. I paused letting the word sink in for both of us. "But now I love Allie, she is everything I never had but always wanted. She is a dream come true to me. And to think she has been under my nose for so long. I felt so stupid that I had just realized it now instead of when we met in 9th grade."

"Yes I get what you’re saying...and I can’t believe I am saying this but I am happy that you found someone, and that Allie has found someone who can say those loving things without regretting it later," He told me. His voice sounded calm. He isn’t the same Damon that has been tormenting me since he met Alex. I can’t believe he thought I was competion. I would never have a chance with Alex. "Yes you would have, but I guess destiny wanted me and Alex together to raise a child."

Did I just say that out loud? Or gosh that is so embarrassing.

"Yes it is quite embarrassing, but it doesn’t matter. You know I am kind of glad that I am talking to you now. It might sound weird but you are nice and true friends. Alex and Allie are very lucky to have a friend like you." He said. I am confused did Damon just say that they are lucky to have me as a friend. I don’t get it doesn’t he not like me. "Yes, I know what you thinking that doesn’t Damon hate me so why would he say that. Well I don’t hate you I just never had a chance to get to know you, and you probably hate me which I don’t blame you. Everyone does."

He paused and then he looked at me but then he looked at Alex who stirred in her sleep. "A lot of people hate me. I don’t blame you if you do, I mean the past year I have been nothing but mean to you...I guess what I have been trying to say is that...maybe we can be friends...." He trailed off. I coughed well hid my laughter. Was this real. Did Damon McCarty just ask to be my friend? Am I dreaming?

I stopped coughing. And then sobered back to the serious matter. "Sure, I would love to make amends for the sake of Alex and it would be a pleasure to be friends with you....but on one condition?" I told him. He was silent.

"What?"

"Be yourself when we are around each other, like now...you are different from that mask you portrait yourself to be," I told him. He didn’t say anything so I continued. "And maybe we can be friends, and you can meet people who like you for who you are and not what you wear or how hot you are."

"Okay, I will. I like this...talking to you without arguing. You are a good person you know that Adam. Anyone would want to be your friend. That is what I was kind of afraid of when I started dating Alex that since you were such a nice guy that Alex would fall in love with you and not me but in the end I ended up falling in love with her and you ended up falling in love with Allie. You guys make a good couple inside out." he said. His voice sounded so sincere. He was so serious. And for some reason I feel like I can trust him. But then I remembered that he is my little brother’s best friend.

"Thanks, I really appreciate that. I am here for anything you need me for emotionally," I told him. He laughed and nodded his head. I yawned. Damon Said goodnight and I fell asleep with Allie in my arms.

Even if I was sleeping on the floor she made the floor seem like it was less important than me just being with her.