Chapter 1

Annie

I am upstairs, in Finnick and my bedroom.

It has white walls and a huge master bed. They bed was so soft; sometimes Finnick and I would spend days in it, only coming out to eat. Finnick had one wall removed and out in glass instead, so every morning we could wake to see the beautiful waves that moved into our private beach. On the wall opposite our bed, there are a series of closets where we keep Finnick's many outfits, hand-picked by his stylist. He despises most of them.

I hear a huge chorus of cheers and applause and it could only mean one thing: Finnick is back.

I run down the stairs, trying not to trip. Finnick has been for a month for this year's games, but, just like every year, it has felt like forever.

I hide behind the couch, trying not to be seen by the crazy swarm of fangirls outside. President Snow doesn't allow us to tell anyone about our love, or the fact that we live together and sleep together, too.

The front door opens and my Finnick comes in, looking dashing as ever, his hair slightly messed up in the usual fashion, he is wearing a shirt that didn't have any buttons, showing his chest, and his eyes are as green as the District 4 ocean. He smiles at the crowd of women and girls and even winks at some, causing them to faint.

Watching got harder every time.

He finally closes the door and falls on his knees. I rush out from behind the couch I was hiding in and go to him.

I kneel in front of him, holding him close. He hugs me back, his tears wetting my shirt.

"It's alright, Finn, they're gone, it's over. You're home." I say.

"Annie, this time it was worse."

"It's all right Finnick, I'm with you now, and you're all right." He nods and wipes his tears away, standing up. "Let's have a cup of coffee and we can go to bed, ok?" We walk to the kitchen and I open the drawer where keep the sugarcubes. He loves sugarcubes.

I give him the sugar so he can out as many as he wants in his coffee. He puts in about ten, a sure sign of his sadness. If he outs more than eight sugarcubes, it's because he needs sweetness. He then puts six sugarcubes in my coffee, exactly six. I ask him what I ask him every day when we drink coffee and he gives me six sugarcubes.

"Why did you put six sugarcubes in my coffee?" He smiles, like he did all those years ago.

"Because you're a six-sugarcube kind of girl." I smile back at him and sip on my coffee.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" I ask, knowing he would tell me if he isn't. He shakes his head slightly but I don't see it. Instead I see Cora, shaking her head at me.

"You know I can't, Annie." I have forgotten what Cora is talking about.

"Can't what?" I ask.

"Move the wedding to today, Shell." She smiles jokingly. "Have you been paying attention?"

"No, sorry." I smile back at her, but I can't stay long enough to learn what she had been talking about. All I see now is Finnick, stroking my cheek with his hand.

"Annie. Annie come back to me. Come on, Annie." He says softly. I nod to show him I'm back and he smiles.

"How long was I Away?"

"A minute or two." I look down at my coffee, but there isn't a mug anymore. Finnick must have put it away.

"I'm tired, let's go to bed." I say, rubbing my eyes. I am tired. I'm tired of having to let go of my Finnick twice a year. I'm tired of watching the news and seeing headlines like: Finnick Odair's New Love. I'm tired of him coming back to me depressed and sad.