Chapter Fifteen

:)

-

School has never been worse. If it's not constant taunting by bigger people, it's the disturbing reminder that I'm all alone. The only somewhat friend that I had, Mike, hasn't talked to me- or rather I haven't let him. I haven't decided if I still mad at him or not. But it's not like I've really even had the opportunity to talk to him. Usually when we did talk, it happened at practice, which I haven't gone to because coach had me take the week off- not that I mind, like at all. It was better, because now I could go straight home after school, and I didn't have to wake up earlier than I had too.

Fortunately, today was Saturday and I didn't have school. Yay for weekends. So as soon as I woke up this morning, I took off. I couldn't stay home where my parents were, because I felt like I was lying to them. They never found out what happened the other day when I passed out, and I don't intend on telling them, but the only way to not crack under pressure is to get the hell out of there. Even though they don't really let me out of the house unless it's for school or practice, I opted for sneaking out. It's not like I haven't done it before...or often. I grabbed an old backpack and filled it with random crap like clothes. Why was I taking this stuff, I have no idea. I haven't been thinking clearly lately. It's kind of felt like I've been on auto-pilot. Like, I'm still living and doing most of my usual things, but I haven't really be conscious of it all. It just kind of all happens without me even being able to change it, or care. So I took my bag, threw it on my back and left once my parents were distracted with some movie on LifeTime like they usually were on weekends when my dad didn't work. And I walked right out of there without being noticed. Shocker.

I decided to walk around to no particular place, walking against the cold breeze, letting it cool my face till I couldn't feel it. Well, I thought I was walking around at random, till I started to see the familiar houses that lead up to Vic and Mike's. Now that I think about it, Vic and I haven't talked today. Usually he messages me as soon as he wakes up.

I stopped thinking about that when I saw somebody on the bus stop I was approaching that I recognized. He had his headphones in, so he hadn't noticed that I was arriving yet, but if he did look up, he would be sure to see me, so I couldn't take the chance and just walk away. I decided that I might as well confront him and figure all this bullshit out.

I walked up to the bench and took a seat next to him. He looked to me startled, but physically calmed down when he saw it was me.

"Hey, Kellin." he greeted with a winning smile. I nodded back, stuffing my hands in the pocket of my sweater, because I was starting to lose feeling in my fingers.

"What are you doing here." I know that he walks to school sometimes, and other times Vic takes him, but I guess that didn't include the weekend when he wanted to go out. Who knows, maybe Vic is out himself, although, I don't know why he wouldn't tell me.

"I'm going bowling with a few friends, But the damn bus is running late." He said, looking down the road to see if the bus was arriving. That was one thing I really valued about Mike,

Even though I treated him like shit, he still tried to hold civil conversations with me.

An awkward silence fell upon us after that. It was so suffocating, I would rather that bus come now and run me over rather than be here and sit through this. Mike didn't seem to mind it, he was always so bright and positive, nothing seemed to bother him. But me, I was too busy thinking about what I wanted to say, but too scared to say it, I couldn't be all rainbows and sunshine.

"Mike, I'm sorry!" I suddenly bursted out.

"No, Kellin. It's okay." she smiled, looking over to me. "If anything, I'm sorry. It was none of my business and if you wanted me involded, you would have asked. But I am worried about you. I mean, when you passed out at the game, I was right by your side. And I would have stayed there until your parents came, but coach made me go back. And then I panicked and called Vic, so I'm sorry if he showed up. I can only imagine how awkward that could have been." He said not knowing what was actually going on between Vic and I.