Chapter 27: Behind The Scenes

When I woke up, it was dark outside. Mostly everyone was asleep. Everyone, except Ed. He was sitting quietly by a window, humming and strumming his guitar.

"Ed, why are you up?" I mumbled, sleep still dominating me.

"I don't like to sleep on tour buses with this many people," he replied. He looked around. "The chances of having a mustache when you wake up is high." I laughed and went over to him. He was probably one of my closest friends, besides Jay. And no, Niall doesn't count because he's my boyfriend. There's a difference.

"Can I play?" I asked, pointing to his guitar. He gave me a quizzical look, but handed me his guitar. I played a few notes and pretty soon, I was playing Yesterday. Next thing I knew, I was quietly singing along.

"Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play," I sang softly. "Now I need a place to hide away. Oh I believe in yesterday." I looked back up at Ed. He had a look of amusement. I half laughed, half sighed as I handed him his guitar.

"Since when could you play guitar?" he teased.

"Since when I was six," I laughed.

"I have to applaud you. I thought you just sang," he said.

"Learn something knew everyday."

"We're almost to the hotel. I think we're just ten minutes away. So, I suggest you go back into hiding and stay awake." I nod as I go into hiding. Sure enough, Simon came into the room about ten minutes later.

"Everyone wake up!" he yelled. Grudged, everyone got up. "Today's a big, big day!"

"You're not Effie. You can't say that," Rebecca murmured, still tired.

"Well you're not a princess, so get up. You all have practice all day," he said. Everyone groaned. Even I had to muffle a groan. But then I remembered that I couldn't really practice, since Simon would probably be monitoring it. It wouldn't really matter now though, would it? Since I'm already there.

I waited a few minutes after everyone got off the bus. I wanted to make sure that no one was around. As I snuck out of the bus, I spotted an entrance that looked like it would lead backstage. I dashed to the door and quickly opened it. What was on the other side was not what I expected. I was actually in the bathroom. The boys bathroom. I gagged as I left the latrean, making my way to where I was sure was the arena. But my sense of direction is pretty bad, so I ended up in the sound booth. In a way, it was sort of good. I was high up and far away from the stage. On the other hand, I could get caught up here, which wouldn't be good. After a few minutes of bickering with myself, I decided to just go explore more.

**********************************

"I'm so hungry," I groaned to no one in particular. It was only an hour till showtime, and I was hungry. I guess you could say I could've gone into one of the dressing rooms and grabbed something. And then I'd reply, the room were heavily guarded.

"Then why don't you just go get something to eat den?" Someone asked from behind me. I whizzed around to see two girls holding clipboards and wearing headphones. They looked identical.

"I um.... I'm-"

"Not supposed to be here?" one of the girls asked. I nodded. "Simon warned us about a girl with black hair and color changing eyes."

"We can turn you in!" the other girl squealed. "Emileigh! We can turn her in and get the prize!"

"Kiera, no need for that," Emileigh assured her.

"Come on," Kiera groaned.

"Simon usually doesn't keep his promises."

"Well what if he does?"

"He won't."

"Well I'll be darned."

"Well if you two don't mind, I should probably get going. I'm pretty hungry," I interrupted.

"Wait! We can get you some food," Kiera said. I gave her a sideways look. "I'm not luring you into a trap. Trust me." She started to walk away. Emileigh following. I guess I had no other choice than to follow them.

Allos brochachos! How is you? Good? Good. Am I forgettable? Because Nathan forgot who I was.... It kinda hurt. Then there's Mark, who takes 6 day breaks from twitter. That's the only reason I'm ON twitter. Plus One Direction. But they're besides the point! I'm watching Spongebob. PELVIC THRUST! WOOOOO! WOOOOO! STOP ON YOUR RIGHT FOOT AND DON'T FORGET IT! Ahhhhh. I wish Mark was here..... I dunno... I just want to hug him so much. And touch his hair. I'm sorry, but it looks so fluffy. I just wanna touch it :3