Chapter 42: Home Sweet Home

When I got home, I got what I never had during my pregnancy; a baby shower. It was a little late, but hey. I'm not complaining. Neither is Niall.

"Who planned this?" I asked Niall as I dug into a piece of ice cream cake.

"Your best friend," he replied.

"Jay?"

"Yep. She did this all for you. Paid for it and everything."

"Well, it must've been a bit of money."

"It was. About... Hundred fifty."

"What!" He nodded. I know Jay's my best friend and all, but she didn't have to pay 150 pounds for my party. But I suppose she was getting her share. She was stuffing food in her face along with Emileigh.

"Craving started yet?" I asked Emileigh.

"Yea," she mumbled.

"Sickness?" I added.

"Yea."

"Zayn taking it well?"

"Not really. He's been really sulky lately. I don't know if he's happy or angry." I spotted Zayn near the far end of the kitchen, eating a pretzel. I walked over to him. He did seem a bit upset. He probably just needs a little cheering up!

"Hey Zayn," I greeted him.

"Hey Thaila," he acknowledged, his main focus on the pretzel.

"So, excited?"

"About becoming a dad!"

"Not really."

"Why's this?"

"I'm nervous ok?"

"And you don't think Emileigh is? She's handling this a LOT better than you are."

"But you don't understand! I'm not good with opening up to people! I'm barely opening up to Emileigh! Our kid's probably going to hate me." He slumped down onto the floor. I took a seat next to him.

"First off, your kid isn't going to hate you," I told him. "Second off, I know that you're going to be a great father. It might be hard at first, but you'll make it through. If me and Niall can do it, you can too."

"And what do you know about raising children?" he scoffed. Just then, Stephano came running through, a pan on his head.

"I got him!" Niall called, swooping Stephano up. He giggled with delight.

"I raised that," I remarked. "If I can raise a hyperactive 10 month old and three triplets, you can raise one baby." He shrugged and finished his pretzel. I could see in his eyes, though, a little sparkle. I know Zayn would make a great father. Well, better than some. *cough cough LOUIS cough cough*

****************************************

After the shower was over Simon came over to talk about my career.

"You've written a few songs with Ed I'm sure," he said. Ed, who was sitting on the couch eating ice cream, held up his spoon.

"More like I wrote them, she's taking credit," he corrected. "But I give concent for her to use all the songs. As long as I can feature in one."

"Got it Edwin," I nodded. He flicked his spoon up and went back to his ice cream.

"So I think it's time for you to start an album," Simon said with a bit of boredom, like he does this all the time.

"A album?" I repeated with disbelief.

"Yea! Thaila's starting an album!" Louis cheered.

"She is?" Ed asked, raising an eyebrow. "Did I give concent?"

"You're my songwriter, not my dad," I sighed.

"So is that a yes?" Simon asked.

"Of course it is a yes!" I squealed.

"If I give consent!" Ed reminded me.

"Do I have your consent Edward?" Simon asked him.

"Yes, yes you do," he nodded. His gaze turned to me. "Go make me a million dollar album girl."

**********************************************

This day had been so long. I was so tired. I climbed into my bed, where Niall was already there waiting for me. The triplets laid quietly in their cribs. Louis had gotten us them as a gift.

"We really need our own place," Niall murmured.

"I know," I whispered.

"We should go looking for a flat," he suggested.

"Na. No thanks."

"No thanks? I thought you wanted your own place princess."

"I would. But.... I like this place. It has many memories. I feel like that if we leave the house, we leave all the memories we've had. All the games, joys, tears... I can't bear to loose all that Niall." I turned towards him. "It's one of the only things that keeps me going."

"But are you sure you can live with the triplets being in here? Plus Stephano?"

"They all need us. And if they're in here with us, no need to rush to get to them."

"I suppose. But what happens when they need their own room huh?"

"We'll figure it out. C'mon Ni. We're smart." He sighed and nodded. We were quiet for a while.

"What are we doing?" Niall asked me, breaking the silence. "We're too young to be parents."

"I don't think so," I disagreed. "I'm already raising Stephano. I don't think three more would be a challenge." He smiled.

**********************************

I woke up around five due to one of the babies crying. This is going to be my life. Hurray. I checked all the cribs, finding out that it was Ed who was crying.

"Shh baby. It's alright," I cooed, picking him up. He continued crying. I tried to remember a lullaby. Finally, one came to mind. I placed him back into his crib and started singing.

"Goodnight Ed, sleep tight Ed. Jesus keeps your dreams. The God above is the God of love so little boy sleep in peace." Slowly, Ed began to drift off.

"Goodnight Ed," I whispered. I crawled back into bed, pulling the covers up to my nose.

"You sing so beautifully," Niall mumbled sleepily.

"I know that," I joked. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Niall?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you sing me a song?" He nodded.

"You would not believe your eyes, if ten million fireflies, lit up the world as I fell asleep. They they fill the open air, and leave teardrops everywhere." This was the first song I sang in front of people. It was one of my favourite songs. Niall finished the song and closed his eyes.

"Thaila?"

"Mmm?"

"Love me. Real or not real." I smiled.

"Real."

I had to put that Hunger Games quote. Sorry everyone. Had to. Well, there's an epilogue to look forward to after this. I'm sad to say it's over :( But I have big, big plans for the next fan fic :D thank you all for supporting me. Commenting, voting, reading. I can't thank you brochachos enough. Thank you for the 21,000 reads :) Every read counts. I'm in the nursery, so I had nothing to do. I might upload the epilogue later. Dunno. BUT UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER....... My everywhere is in pain.