Chapter 13

A/N: It's been almost two months since I last updated this and I'm really sorry about that. This is more or less a filler chapter but I really hope you enjoy it. Dedicating this chapter to @maverick_4 because he's an amazing reader and friend. I really, really hope you all like this chapter though. *fingers crossed* ^^

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was let down in bouncy curls, I had used a little bit of eyeshadow to get the smokey eye look, and used hot red lipstick. I was in a black crop top, a maxi skirt with a slit in front that run high up to my thighs and black ballet flats. I really wasn't sure how to dress to this party. It would be my first party with humans. I had drained four blood bags an hour ago, I hoped that would be enough to last me for the night. I grabbed my red Chanel purse and exited my room. I could never have enough of my favorite colors- red and black. As soon as I got down the last step of the spiral stairs, I was greeted with a growl from Asher.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I arched my brow at him, rolled my eyes, and proceeded to the left, towards the entrance to the house which was also the exit, of course. He cut in front of me, blocking me from moving further.

"What's your problem?" I snapped.

"Where the hell are you going?" He growled back.

"You don't need to know." I shot.

"I believe I do." He replied, jaw set.

"It's none of your business."

"You can't just leave whenever you want, especially without permission."

"Permission?" I asked in shock, anger rising within me. "I need permission to go wherever I want now?! You've got to be batshit crazy right now. Do you not see the situation I'm in for fuck's sake? I can hardly run away if I want. I'm in an unfamiliar environment with no powers so, what exactly is your problem! Huh?!" I yelled.

He winced as I raised my voice at him and his nostrils flared. "You think I like this situation too?! I'm stuck in this just like you are! You think I want to live in the same house with a snotty ass, royal, vampiric bitch? Oh, please. Don't flatter yourself. You think I want to babysit you for heaven knows how long?! Just tell me where the hell you're going and spare me this crap." He shot.

I was taken aback by his outburst but was only further infuriated. I knew snapping back would get us both nowhere though and I was already running late for the party.

"A party." I replied through gritted teeth. He seemed to be trying to calm himself before replying.

"Where?" He asked.

"I don't know," I replied and his eyes turned to slits. "What?! I really don't know. I just have the address and I'm giving that to the driver so he'll figure it out."

"Fine," he said. "I'm coming with you."

"No. You're not."

"Yes. I am."

I stared daggers at him, trying to bore into his soul with my eyes so he'd let this go but of course, it didn't work. He stared daggers right back at me.

Bloody lycanthrope.

"I have to go now. I can't wait." I said, giving him a faux smile I knew wouldn't fool him.

"You don't have a choice," he snapped "Wait here." He concluded and went up the stairs to change, I assumed. I exhaled air angrily.

Wait, what? I exhaled air? Like actual air? When the hell did I start respiring.