Chapter 20

Ding-dong
Ding-ding
Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-dong

The stupid doorbell wouldn't stop ringing but he wasn't about to cut his bath short.

Asher wasn't expecting anyone and couldn't be bothered to entertain anyone at this point. He was stressed from everything going on and just needed time to himself. Even though he wouldn't admit it, he was glad Viola decided to take a week off school, he needed the break as well. His father kept springing surprises up on him and he didn't like it but, there was nothing to be done about it. He noticed the doorbell had stopped ringing and his curiosity got the best of him. He quickly wiped himself dry and tied a white towel around his waist before leaving the bathroom in his room. He briefly wondered if he ought to pull a shirt on but decided against it as he left his room.

"Viola?" He called out from the stairs as he went down. "Who was by the door?" He asked.

"It's none of your business." She shouted out to him but he was already by the door leading to the living room. She constantly annoyed him and normally, he would be annoyed by her snapping but, he couldn't help but feel satisfied by the look on her face when she noticed him shirtless. The satisfaction was replaced by irritation when he noticed a guy with her. He recognized him from the school and party.

"Did he say Viola? I thought your name was Natalia." The guy said, looking confused.

"It is." Viola simply said.

"I never said Viola." Asher replied, giving him an annoyed look. He couldn't remember the guy's name. He wasn't even entirely sure he knew it.

"Oh I must have heard wrong then. Did I interrupt something? He asked, looking from Asher to Viola.

"Oh no. Heavens no." Viola answered, looking embarrassed, a look Asher wasn't certain he'd ever even seen on her. Asher on the other hand, wasn't bothered.

"What is he doing here?" Asher asked.

"None of your business," Viola said to him. That seemed to be her new catchphrase. "Ignore him." She said to Nathan.

"I was actually wondering if you would like to go out sometime." The guy said to Viola. Maybe it was his lycanthropic nature but Asher was suddenly furious. As much as he disliked her, Viola was his and she was carrying his child.

"Why would I want that?" She asked.

That reply wasn't good enough for Asher. "No, absolutely not." He ordered.

"Forget I asked. I'm going to get ready. We can leave in a few minutes." Viola replied suddenly.

"Wait, now?" The guy asked. Nathan. His name was Nathan, Asher suddenly remembered.

"Why not?" Viola simply asked before leaving for her room to get ready. Asher followed closely by.

"There's no way I'm letting you leave." Asher growled as they went up the spiral staircase.

"I feel like I've told you this severally already, it's none of your business." Viola shot. "Do you expect me to stay locked up in here all day?"

"You're the one who said you didn't feel good enough to go back to school." He reminded her angrily.

"That place is just an extension of my prison. What's your problem with it anyway, he's human and I can't escape."

You're pregnant with my child! He wanted to yell but held back. "That's not the problem." He stated instead.

"Then what is it Asher?" She asked, exasperated. "You don't control me or own me. We are not friends. We're acquaintances with a common problem. I will not stay locked up in here all day and you not wanting me to go is enough reason for me to." She snapped and shut her bedroom door in his face.