32

It was kind of awkward when Claire walked into the living room while Luke and I were cuddling with a phone in her hand and a scowl on her face. Luke sat up, but still had his arms wrapped around me. It was getting closer and closer to the date where Luke and the band had to leave on tour so it was just nice spending time with Luke and cuddling.

It was getting usual that they got recognised at the street and had to take pictures and write photographs. It was kind of weird to be honest, but the boys looked so happy when it happened and I couldn't be more proud.

"Mum wants to talk to you." Claire muttered, handing me the phone. I frowned as I grabbed the phone, noticing how Luke looked confused too. He knew that I wasn't close to my family and that we never talked so it didn't suprise me that he looked confused too.

Claire stood and glared at us for some more seconds before she left to her room again. I put the phone to my ear, taking a deep breath. What did she want? I didn't understand.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice shaking, but Luke was holding me like I was the most precious thing in the world which relaxed me. "Victoria, it's been so long!" my mum squealed into the telephone, making me frown more. Why was she acting so happy to talk to me? Whenever I would talk to her she would look bored or annoyed as she tried to talk to Claire instead.

I didn't say anything to that and I heard my mother sigh. "Your grandmother is turning eighty this weekend." she stated. I bit my lip, not sure what to say. I mean my grandmother was probably the only one in my family I really felt like I was close to. We didn't really talk much now, but when I lived at home and we had dinners with her she would always make me feel loved and important. 

"And?" I asked after some time, looking at Luke and mine intertwined fingers. "She really wanted you and Claire to visit, come and celebrate her birthday. She misses you." my mother explained. I rubbed my eyes, knowing I really didn't want to meet up with my parents, but still wanted to see my grandmother. 

I sighed. It would have been cruel to decline the offer so I would have to survive a weekend with my parents. "Fine, I'll come." I mumbled. Luke leaned his head on my shoulder, kissing my neck slowly. "I'll tell your grandmother that you'll come. I have to go now, see you next weekend." she mumbled, hanging up before I could say anything else. 

I snorted, knowing she probably only called because my grandmother had begged her. She didn't really care if I came or not, but grandmother did and I wasn't going to be selfish.

"What was that about?" Luke mumbled against my neck, looking up at me. I smiled a small smile at him because he looked so damn adorable with his hair laying messily down without hair products and a lazy smile on his face. 

"My grandmother is turning eighty and wanted me to celebrate with the rest of the family so I have to go." I explained. Luke nodded slowly. "Is she nice?" he asked me. "My grandmother? She's the sweetest and kindest person ever." I explained. Luke smiled at my answer. 

"I mean it will probably be extremely boring before the birthday party when I have to live at my mother's house, but I haven't seen my grandmother for so long. I need to go." I stated. Luke frowned and I stared at him. "Could you join me?" I begged, squeezing his hand. He raised his eyebrows and I knew I was blushing.

"I mean you don't have to, but I will at least feel better if you came and I know my grandmother would love to meet you." I stated. Luke bit his lip, but after some seconds nodded. "Sure, why not? I mean I can drive us there so you won't have to drive with Claire and I would love to meet your grandmother too." Luke shrugged.

I sighed in relief, wrapping my arms around him. "Thank you so much, Luke! I don't know what I would do without you." I mumbled against his chest. His chest vibrated as he laughed. "I love you." he murmured, kissing the top of my head. 

*
It felt weird being back at school, but we had some tests to do and it was kind of stressful. Luke had helped me get ready for the math test though and I felt like it went okay. After our math test, we had lunch so I could go straight to the cafeteria when I was done.

Ashton and Harry were sitting with a table so I sat down beside them. The others were still doing their tests. "So, how did it go?" I asked them. The two of them shrugged. I nodded, taking up an apple I brought to school. 

"How was the tutoring session with Luke last night then?" Harry smirked. I rolled my eyes at my childish best friend. Harry had asked me to hang out with him last night when Luke and I were doing math. I mean we ended up distracting each other quite a lot, but we got to do math too.

"Fine, we only did math!" I groaned, already knowing Harry wouldn't believe me. He just chuckled, his hand pushing my hair away from my shoulder so my neck was showing. My eyes widened, making Ashton and Harry burst into laughter. "Sure, you only did math.". I rolled my eyes, cursing under my breath at Luke for having to make such a big hickey. 

Just to make the situation worse, Luke was sitting down beside me when Ashton and Harry were still laughing at the hickey on my neck. Luke raised an eyebrow at me, wrapping one of his arms around my waist. 

"What's so funny?" Luke asked, eyeing the two suspiciously. "Had fun last night?" Ashton teased. Luke furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, resting a hand on my thigh. I was blushing, already knowing Luke didn't understand anything they were saying, he probably didn't think they had seen the hickey. 

"Did you mean did I have fun doing math? I mean, math's not really that boring. I like it so I wasn't bored honestly." Luke shrugged. Harry and Ashton laughed louder now. I sighed, hiding my face in my hands. "You sound like such a nerd, but that can't be the only thing you did that was fun last night, Luke?" Harry smirked.

"Uhm I don't really understand what you're trying, but I mean.. I did have fun hanging out with Vic too." he shrugged, looking at me, wanting me to help him out. I squeezed his hand. "Shut up, you guys." I groaned. Ashton winked at us. "I don't understand how Luke doesn't get what we're hinting to, I mean he did leave a very obvious mark.". Luke's eyes widened for some seconds and he coughed. "Oh you're hinting to that.. Well yeah, I did have fun." Luke smirked, making me hit his shoulder playfully. 

Michael came over some minutes later with a huge pizza, smiling widely. "Michael you bastard! You skipped the math test to buy pizza!" Calum frowned as he came over to the table too. "Yeah, why not?" Michael smirked, offering Luke and me a slice of pizza which we gladly took. "You do realize that you have to take it another day, right?" Calum asked. Michael shrugged, sitting down beside Harry.

Luke sighed, leaning his head on my shoulder. "How did the test go?" he mumbled against my neck. I smiled at him. "I think it went good. And you?" I asked. Luke just shrugged. "Same." Luke answered. Not that it suprised me, I mean math was his strongest subject afterall. 

After lunch, School went by quickly and Luke was so tired that we ended up on his couch, cuddling under the blankest while we were softly listening to All time low with Luke's head on my shoulder, whispering the lyrics into my neck, making me giggle. And I knew that I never wanted us to end, I didn't want to not be able to cuddle with him or just hang out with him. The small moments like this, when Luke was almost asleep and I was playing with his hair was one of my favorite one and I was kind of scared of what would happen when he left for tour. We wouldn't be able to see each other so much anymore and I didn't know how that would end. 

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asked, opening one eye to look at me. I shook my head, smiling at him. I hugged him closer to me, letting my eyes close. I shouldn't really think about every what if's that could happen when he went on tour, I should just focus on the moment where I had his arms wrapped around me like I was the most important thing in the world. "Nothing, just how much I love you." I said to him, kissing his cheek quickly. He hummed in response, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck. "I love you too, baby." mumbled.