44

"You're not coming in here!" I heard Harry yell, making it kind of obvious who he was yelling at. It had been three days since Luke had been drunk and told me things I didn't know if I should believe or not. I had been thinking about what Luke had been saying a lot and honestly I didn't know how to feel about it. I mean a huge part of me wanted to hear him say it again sober, but another part of me thought he was lying. 

"Harry, please. I need to see her, I need to." Luke mumbled, voice broken and pleading. I was in my room, but my door was open so I could hear them talk. "Hell no, you'll only hurt her more. Everytime you talk to her she ends up hurt." Harry snapped. I closed my eyes, not sure if I liked how mean Harry was being. 

"I'm not here to hurt her, I just need to talk to her, see that she's alright. Please, Harry. I know I've been a jerk, but I'm just trying to fix my mistakes." Luke begged. Harry scoffed and I bit my lip, knowing Harry wouldn't let him in ever. "Screw you, Hemmings. I don't believe a shit coming out of your mouth anymore.".

It was silent after that. Did Luke leave? For some weird reason, it made my heart sink in my chest. I knew it was wrong of me, but I wanted him to come talk to me. I sighed, about to open my book again when I heard Harry cursing. "Fuck Luke! I told you to leave!" Harry yelled just as Luke was running into my bedroom. His hair was hidden under a snapback and he was wearing black ripped skinny jeans and a nirvana t-shirt. He looked good, but very tired too. 

"Do you have a key?" he rushed out. My eyebrows furrowed as I felt my pulse quicken. I nodded, pointing to the key. He sighed in relief, locking the door just as Harry was slamming his fist against the door. "Luke fucking Hemmings, open the damn door. I don't want you near my best friend!" Harry yelled. Luke rolled his eyes. "Too late, Harry!" he yelled back before he walked over to where I was sitting, eyes never leaving me. 

I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks as Luke sat down very close to me. "Vic, just unlock the door. Luke's trying to mess with your mind!" Harry groaned. I bit my lip as Luke shook his head. "I'm not." he whispered. "How do I know that?" I whispered back, biting my lip nervously."You just have to trust me like you did before." he mumbled. I closed my eyes. "I don't know if I can do that." I stated as Luke sighed. "I know.". 

We were quiet for a while before Luke cleared his throat. "The book thief?" he asked, pointing to my book. I nodded slowly, putting it on the floor as I sat with crossed legs in front of him. "Why are you here?" I asked, changing the subject to the one I was very curious about. Luke let out a shaky breath as he took off his snapback, showing off his very messy blonde hair. I found it hard to not run my hands trough it. 

"We have a lot to talk about." Luke shrugged, giving me a sad smile. I frowned, not sure what he meant. "Did you really think I would forget what I told you three days ago?" he asked. I shrugged, picking at my nails. "I don't really know.". Luke nodded. "Well, I didn't forget it. I meant what I said." he explained. 

I shook my head in disbelief. I was about to say something, but Luke didn't let me because he started talking. "I don't expect you to believe me, but it's the truth. Ever since we broke up I felt like shit because you were right, I should have tried more. I was just a fucking coward and I hate that I didn't fight for us. It just became hard and I don't know why, but I thought that breaking up with you would make me stop feeling like I was alone all the time, but it didn't help, it made everything ten times worse. I was stupid and I had to let go of the only good thing in my life. It was hard, fucking hard to accept the fact that I had lost you because of me being stupid. I started drinking, hoping to get you out of my head and I was longing for the feeling you got me to feel so I tried hooking up with girls, but all I got out of it was me feeling like I had cheated on you." Luke explained.