Chapter 14: Jayce?

"Clayton slow down!" I yelled over the sound of the wind blowing through the windows.

"Too late we are already here" he says.

We pull into a dirt road on the side of a huge forest. Clayton gets out of the car and runs over to my side. He swoops me in his arms and starts walking through the forest.

"First of all where are we going? And second of all, are you going to murder me and leave my body here?" I ask while narrowing my eyes at him.

He chuckled softly while shaking his head. "If I were to supposedly murder you, why would I bother carrying you to your death spot?" He asked, his voice full of amusement.

"Good point. So if you are not going to murder me then where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see we are almost there" Clayton replied.

I nodded and just relaxed at the sound of birds chirping around us.

We finally reached a large clearing that stopped with a cliff at the end of it. The cliff overlooked a wide turquoise colored lake that sparkled in the sun light. The grass was cut to perfection to the point where i'm pretty sure each piece was the same height.

"Wow" I said while looking around with wide eyes.

"I know" he said.

Clayton set me down next to him, a few feet away from the edge of the cliff.

"Not that I don't want to be here but why did you bring me here?" I asked while looking at the lake.

"I don't know. I guess... I just like to sit here and think, you know" he replied, also looking out at the water.

I nodded and looked at him. His usual dark chocolate colored eyes were not a light hazel. His jaw looked sharp and his nose was perfectly sculpted. The sun reflected on his features making them look very defined. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" he said while smiling at me once he noticed I had been staring. 

I scoffed and playfully punched him on the shoulder.

It has been 20 minutes of both of us just lost in our own thoughts when I decided to tell him something not many people know.

"You know I had a brother" I said while keeping my gaze focused on the water.

"Really?"

"Yeah, his name was Jayce. He played the protective older brother role. Like whenever somebody would say or do something that would hurt me Jayce made sure that person never saw the light of day again. We would go on these road trips every summer and just hang out and laugh" I say while smiling at the memories o Jayce and I. "I loved him so much and I still do. He passed away because of lung cancer. Before he died he had written me about 80 letters and told me to open one every Christmas. He even wrote some and told me to give them to certain people that I will meet in my life."

"He told me that he loves me and that he will always be looking over me and that he is proud of me."

A tear rolled down my cheek and fell onto my lap. I wiped it away with the back of my hand as more started falling down.

Clayton gently cupped my face with his soft hands which forced me to look at him.

His thumbs wiped my tears away.

"Everything will be okay" he whispered.

I nodded but didn't look away from his chocolate brown eyes.

"I had his initial tattooed on my shoulder" I said while pulling down the top of my sleeve to show him my tattoo. 

It was a cursive 'J' with a wing coming out of it.

His fingers traced over my bare shoulder following every curve of the tattoo. I shivered under his touch as my skin tingled.

"It's beautiful" Clayton said.

I managed to smile sadly at him while the memories of my brother were still running through my mind.

All of a sudden Clayton got up and started taking off his shirt and shoes.

"W-what are you d-doing" I stuttered, feeling uncomfortable.

Clayton just smirked at me and started pulling off his pants without breaking my gaze. I looked away as a blush crept up my neck.

He backed up a few meters and looked at me.

"You know what they say 'In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take'." 

With that being said he ran towards the edge of the cliff and jumped.

*****************************************************************************************************