Chapter Seven

Bekie's Point Of View

Sweetheart here’s the sweet part

“In Charlestown?” I yelled.

“Yeah but we have to get going if we’re going to beat the line up” Kiwi answered.

“Do you want to?” Jasmine asked looking at us.

“Hell yeah! My car or yours Kiwi?” I asked her.

“I don’t care let’s just go.”

We all jumped in my car and listened to Short Stack all the way there, singing to every song. It was only a 40 or so minute drive but we got to listen to the majority of both albums. We got to the shopping centre and found the music shop Sanity. We looked at the line up, there was only about 10 people and it was half past 12.

“Well more people will eventually start to show up so we should jump in line.” Liz said to us all.

“Yeah but I’m hungry. We’ll take it in shifts, Kiwi, Paris and Liz you stay here whilst Jasmine and I go find food. We’ll be back in about 20 minutes to swap, okay? I asked them.

“Okay good idea” Kiwi answered. We walked away looking for the food court but the place was so big and we had no idea where we were going. As we were walking, Jasmine just suddenly stopped and walked over to a shop window.

“Look how pretty they are” she said pointing to a bunch of masks in the window.

“Oh let’s get some so they don’t know it’s us, plus they kind of fit in with the Planets and Disco Honey videos.” I suggested.

“Yes!!” Jasmine said as she smiled in agreement. We tried on a few masks for a while before settling on the best ones we could see. The mask Jasmine got was a mask that covered half her face diagonally, it was purple with a gold strip through it and some black feathers coming out from the top left corner. The mask I brought was a plain white mask with little red lips and gold all around the eyes. The mask we brought for Paris was also plain white but with black patterns all around the eyes and a bigger mouth. Kiwi’s was a black horizontally half mask on a stick with jewels around it and black feathers. Liz’s was black with lots of red jewels around it and some spikes pointing out the sides. After we paid for all the masks and got out of the store we rushed back to show them. Paris loved her mask, as did Liz and Kiwi. We switched and took their place while they went for something to eat. We waited in line for a long time just sitting there, talking to the other fans. We waited and waited, the sign said they’d arrive at 3 and it was now 2:55. As we counted down the last 5 minutes we put out masks on and noticed the boys came walking down the shops like normal people; then everyone (including us) began to scream and cheer.  When everyone settled down Shaun began to signal people to come over to them. As we got closer we got more excited because they had no idea who we were since we had the masks on. When we were next in line to go to the table, Shaun flicked his head back for us to come over. Paris stopped for a moment and then all of the sudden she was the fastest one over there. We gave them all our CDs and posters to sign.

“Love the masks girls, will you be taking them off for photos?” Bradie asked us. Kiwi just looked at Jasmine.

“I don’t know” Jasmine shrugged her shoulders.

“Well one with them, one without them?” Kiwi said, but it was more of a suggestion then a question.

“Okay then come on back here” Bradie laughed. We stood with them while one of the security guards took a photo for us. He took the first photo, then we all looked at each other and removed our masks exposing who we were for the next photo. The look on the boy’s faces was priceless, funny to the extreme if I may. We got another picture when they looked a little less shocked and put on a smile, before walking back to the front of the table.

“What are you all doing here?” Andy asked me.

“Well Kiwi wanted to come here so we tagged along to see you one last time before you go.” I laughed. He still looked surprised to see us.

“We have to move along, but we’ll wait for you to finish” Paris said to them as she walked along waving. We followed her as we all said good bye to them.

“Wait so you guys know them? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!” Kiwi said as we got out of ear shot from the boys.

“Long story” Jasmine smiled.

We waited and waited and soon they were finally done, but they walked in the other direction. We got up and followed them but the jumpers that were hired wouldn’t let us near them. They got in their van and drove away. We walked to my car and hopped in, just sitting there for a moment in silence, disappointed that we didn’t get to see them again. To break the silence my phone began to go off with a message and it was from a number I didn’t know. I opened it up to see it said

‘Sorry the security wouldn’t let us apparently it was a risk or something.. Andy x’

I told the other girls what it said and then we took off back home.