Chapter 12

Paris's Point Of View

Just wrap your arms around me, forever, forever, for you

I woke up in the dark, on the cold hard floor. He just left, not bothered to move me. I felt dry, thick, stick blood on my face; all down my neck and on my hand. ‘I need to get cleaned up’ I thought to myself, but not here, its too dangerous. I scrambled to my hands and knees, pain rushing up my arm as soon as I put pressure on my hand. I felt something next to me and I flinched but it was just a bag, my bag! I took it and crawled to where I thought the door was, my head was throbbing but I kept crawling, I had to get out of this place before he came back. Unable to see anything I felt around with my hands and finally reached a wall. I followed it until I found a door, slowly turning the knob I opened the door hoping it was a way out of the house. At last fresh air hit my face and I could see street lights. I got to my feet and started running, I ran all the way to the bottom of his street, I reached in my bag and felt around for my phone; I had 4 missed calls from a number I didn’t know and a message.

‘Hey it’s Shaun. You’re not picking up, I’m worried. Are you okay?’

I closed the message and was about to call Jasmine, but I thought if she picked me up she’d want to take me to the hospital to get checked out and ask all these questions, and so would Bek. I couldn’t call my mum either, she would flip. I decided to call Shaun, it was a worth a try. It rang twice before a familiar sounding voice rang through my ear. 

“Paris?” I felt a little better hearing his voice.

“Uhm Shaun?” I asked the voice to be sure.

“Yeah Paris it’s me, are you okay?”

“Not really” I sighed.

“What happened? Where are you?” he asked warily.

“I’m at the bottom of Max’s street. I don’t really want to talk about what happened but could you please come get me?” I asked hopefully.

“Sure, anything for you.” he answered. I half smiled from relief and gave him directions before we each hung up. I sat there assessing the damage done to my body. I had cuts on my hand and arm, and I didn’t even want to look at my face. My throat was killing and my face was filled with constant pain. I never should have went with him, never should have got in his car or entered his house. Just then a car pulled up in front of me and the driver got out. I was worried at first but then as I looked up I recognised Shaun.

“Oh my god your face! And your arm!” he shouted. “What happened?!” he added sounding kind of angry.

“He hit me” was all I managed to say and I bursted into tears. He hugged me and pulled me towards the car, opening the door and put me in the passenger seat. He got in and drove away, the further away from this place the better. We arrived at his house and he helped me out of the car and inside. He took me to the bathroom and got out a cloth and started to clean the blood off my face, I just kept crying and bubbling “Thank you so much” over and over again.

“It’s okay shh” he just whispered as I continued to sob. He let me have a shower and gave me one of his t-shirts to put on because my cloths were all bloody. After showering and avoiding the mirror I came out basically wearing his shirt as a dress and his eyes widened.

“Oh god.” he said as he ran to the kitchen and grabbed two ice paks for my face and chest.

“You can sleep in my bed, I’ll take the couch.” He said as he gave me one of the ice packs, placing the other one to the bruising cut on my face.

“Ah this might sound weird but uhh, can you sleep in the bed with me? I’m still a little shaken up and I would feel safer if you were there.” I asked him shyly, looking to the ground and becoming very interested in my feet.

“Sure” he smiled and we walked towards his bedroom. He got into bed and held out his hands, I followed him and got in; I laid on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I said “thank you” once more before falling asleep in his arms.