-1-

{STORY GETS A LOT BETTER AROUND CHAPTER TEN.}

Ivory-rose's POV

I'm lying in bed, it's cold and my old blanket doesn't help.

I should introduce myself, my name is Ivory-rose. My parents disappeared when I was 11, no one knows where they went. They just vanished. I'm 13 now and in my third foster home.

The first couple I was living with were always drunk. I wasn't allowed to leave my small room in the attic, or I would get beat. I was only given a small amount of food and water a day. I survived though. Obviously. I still have a few faded scars, always there to remind me.

My second foster home was much better. I lived with an old man and woman, I was twelve. They loved me and I loved them. The husband passed away, his wife and I were both terribly sad. She passed away a few months later.

I am currently living with a family of four. A woman named Marie and a man named John. They have two kids, two boys. The eldest is named jack, he is 17. The youngest is James, he's 15.

They're rude.

I mean, they give me food and water, but don't exactly look after me.

I get up and go into the bathroom, and brush my hair and teeth. I have pale green eyes and very long, pale brown hair. My hair reaches to just past my butt, I haven't had it ever cut any shorter. I like it this way, it makes me different.

I quietly walk out of the bathroom and into my room. I check the time on my cracked phone, it's seven am. Jack and James threw my phone out the window a few months ago, I'm glad it still works.

I step down the stairs with my bag, attempting not to wake anyone up. I had woven my bag with straw I found in the old barn. It has a few wild flowers on it, attached by pieces of long grass. It hangs by my side and has everything I own in it. I don't own very much.

I have my little money in it. I have to go to people's houses and ask for jobs so I can get money. I have my two books that my parents had bought me, my phone and my old blanket that I've had since I was eight.

The bowen family live on a farm, the only animals allowed in the house is their dog, Ben.

I've had a cat since I was nine, she's fluffy and white. I named her may. She was with me when my family disappeared, when we came home from the shop. She was with me in every foster home. She was with me since a kitten and she was my only real friend.

I had kept her in the barn since John said he would kill her if she goes inside.

I close the front door behind me and make my way through the fields, and soon arrive at the barn.

May bounded out from the barn as soon as I opened the door, "hello may, how are you?" I picked her up and pet her. She responded with a mew and put her head on my shoulder. She only ever showed affection to me, and the old couple I had lived with a years earlier.

I hug may, and walk to the large oak tree. I quietly place may on the ground and sit down against the tree. I always bring a little bag of cat food with me, I put some of the dry food on the grass by her and she starts eating.

I got a book out of my bag and may curled up on my lap.

A few minutes later I heard loud laughs and looked up, James and his group of equally as rude friends were heading towards me.

This happened regularly, I close my book and put it back in my bag. May leapt up into my arms as I stand up, the boys stopped in front of me. "Hanging out with your only friend orphan? Your ugly friend?" One of James friends asked me. "You're just as ugly as the cat, that must've been why your parents left you!" James laughed, his group erupted into cheers.