-16-

Ivory-roses POV

I had gotten up just before sunrise, in hope that I'd be able to get some pretty photos of the sun and sky.

I put on a black and white striped shirt and a maroon skirt, as well as my pair of white converse.

I grabbed my little woven bag from the door, most of the flowers had wilted so I made a mental note to get new ones.

I opened my window, just incase Taylor wasn't up when I came back.

I put my camera around my neck, and put my phone in my bag. I didn't know if Taylor was awake, so I went and checked.

I looked into her room, and as I thought, she was still asleep. I texted her saying that I was going out to explore, and I was going to try get some nice photos.

I skipped downstairs, trying to find May. And when I finally found her, she was lying down next to Olivia.

"May, wanna come with me?" I scratched her head and she stood up, stretching.

I walked out of the lounge room to see if she did want to come, she didn't follow me so I presumed she didn't want to.

I quietly opened the door and stepped outside, closing it behind me.

The first thing I wanted to do was check if I could climb the tree next to my window, so I skipped around to that side of the house.

I looked at the tree, it was tall and had lots of branches. Putting my phone and camera down, I grabbed onto the lowest branch, which was just above my waist.

I pulled myself up, and stood on the wood.

"Woo! I did it. one branch down." I whispered to myself.

I looked around for the next branch, which was difficult as it was dark.

The next possible one to get to was about half a meter away, so it was easy for me to get onto.

As I climbed the tree higher, I was getting closer to my window. I was a branch below the one that would let me get in. I pulled myself onto the branch, and slowly stood up. I held onto the branch that was above my head, and pulled the window open. I climbed in through the window and said a quiet "yes!"

While I was in my room, I grabbed a pair of shorts and put them on under my skirt, so I'd be a bit more comfortable with climbing the tree.

I got back out the window and very slowly made my way down the tree, thinking 'I probably should've tried this when it was light.'

When I was safely on the ground, I picked up my camera and bag, and started walking to the street.

I stopped walking when I found a small set of shops, all dark and quiet.

I sat down on a bench, and waited for the sun to rise.

About fifteen minutes later the sun had started rising, and there were colours of pink and orange in the sky.

I got up and crossed the street, facing the little shops and the bench. I took a few photos, hoping one would turn out good.

I started walking back home, but I went on a different street so I could see more.

There was a little park surrounded by a few tall willow trees, my favourite. I took a photo of the park from where I was standing and then decided to go have a closer look.

There were two sets of swings, a seesaw and a slide. A few benches were sat under some of the trees.

I went over and sat on one of the swings, and started looking through some of the photos I had taken.