-11-

•unedited•

Ivorys POV

A room with a bookshelf along one wall, a black piano, vintage looking chairs around a small wooden coffee table, a small lamp, another table with notebooks on it and three Windows looking outside.

Damn.

I love reading and I love playing piano.

My biological parents gave me piano lessons in our living room, ever since they went I never played a piano again. I learnt how to play come in with the rain, I used to play it every time it rained. Hopefully I still know how to.

I stepped over to the piano and ran my fingers over the keys. Sitting down on the stool I pat the other side, telling May to join me.

She bounds over and jumps up, sitting down.

I rack my mind to remember the right keys and start playing, the music floating through the room like a leaf caught in an autumn breeze.

"I could go back to every laugh," I sing. May gets up and places a paw on the piano, making a long, low note. She jumps back and off the stool, running off somewhere. I laugh, "you're such a nerd." I look back to see May on table. I shake my head and continue playing.

"But I don't wanna go there anymore,
And I know all the steps up to your door,
But I don't wanna go there anymore."

I sing louder, putting more effort into the song.

"Talk to the wind, talk to the sky,
Talk to the man with the reasons why,
And let me know what you find."

I hear a door open.

"I'll leave my window open,
Cause I'm too tired at night to call your name,
Just know I'm right here hoping,
That you'll come in with the rain."

I look up and blush, Taylor has come into the room and is sitting down on one of the chairs. "I uhm, oh my god." I cover my face and she laughs. "Keep playing, you sound better than I did in the studio. Just lemme record it."

"Uhm, okay. Thanks!" I quietly laugh and bite my lip. I'm so embarrassed. I'm in Taylor swifts house, playing her piano, like half an hour after I got here. And she's recording me.

I press the keys again.

"Uhm, oops wrong note, haha."

"Okay, uhm,
I could stand up and sing you a song,
But I don't wanna have to go that far,
And I, I've got you down,
I know you by heart and you don't even know where I start.

Talk to yourself, talk to the tears,
Talk to the man who put you here,
And don't wait for the sky to clear.

I'll leave my window open,
Cause I'm too tired at night to call your name out,
Just know I'm right here hoping,
That you'll come in with the rain.

I've watched you so long,
Screamed your name,
I don't know what else I can say.

But I'll leave my window open,
Cause I'm too tired at night for
All of these games,
Just know I'm right here hoping,
That you'll come in with the rain.

I could go back to every laugh,
But I don't wanna go there anymore."

I turned and faced Taylor, and she said "you sounded so good!"

"Thanks, I haven't played the piano in ages. It was surprising that I could remember how to play it." I smiled.

"We should sing together sometime, have you seen all of the apartment?" Taylor got up and walked over to me.