Chapter 7: Penn and Paul

 I parked in the parking lot of the store and got out.

I walked into the store and looked around. I saw one of the people that worked there and I asked him where the women’s clothes were because there were no signs or anything to show where anything was.

 The man with the name tag Lance pointed behind me.

“Thank you.” I said.

“You’re welcome let me know if you need anymore help.” He said.

“Alright, I will thanks.” I replied walking towards where he pointed.

I fast walked past the people that were in my way.

I made my way to the women’s clothes and saw women’s panties. I put them in the basket I was carrying.

 A man passed me he had black hair and had a leather jacket on.

 I didn’t see his face though.

“Caleb??” I asked under my breath.

I followed him and he continued walking but he slowed down then sped up then slowed down again.

It was like he knew I was following him but he didn’t look back not even once.

I caught up to him and touched his shoulder.

 “Caleb??? Is it you?” I asked as he turned around.

“No my names not Caleb my names Penn and do you need help finding somebody??” He asked.

He wasn’t Caleb. He only looked like him from the back. His eyes weren’t blue they were green, his hair was black but it wasn’t as dark, he didn’t have the soft lips his lips looked rather dry and needed Chap Stick.

“No, I’m fine.” I said as I sat down on the floor.

“Are you sure???” He asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I thought you were my husband.” I said.

“Do you need help finding him? Is he here with you?” Penn asked.

 I closed my eyes quickly at those words.

“He’s dead.” I said.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Penn said.

“It’s not your fault.” I replied.

“Well I’d stay longer but I--- I have to go..” He said.

 “Alright.” I said crying.

“Oh, I almost forgot if you need any help or just need to talk to somebody I’m a psychologist. I can help you with your problems if you want me to. Here’s my card.” He said handing me his card. Mr. Pace.

 “Thank you.” I said quietly.

 “Just call me if you need any help with anything ok?” He said again.

I nodded and he left.

“Caleb. I miss you why’d you have to leave me here? You said you’d love me forever. You said you’d be with me forever.”

 I just sat there leaning against a shelf full of cans of cat food I think and I cried. I balled my eyes out.

 “AILEEN?!?!” Someone yelled as I had my eyes closed.

I recognized the persons voice and I knew I should have known instantly who It was but I didn’t.

 I opened my eyes, they were filled with tears and they were blurring my vision so I wiped them away then realized who it was.

 “AILEEN ARE YOU ALRIGHT?” Paul asked raising his voice in a very concerned tone.

 “Yeah.”

“Good, I was worried about you.” He said clutching his shirt right where his heart would be.

 “You were?” I asked.

“Yeah, what are you doing on the floor?” He asked.

 “I thought that man was Caleb but he wasn’t and I want him to be here and still I love him and he left me here by myself to be unloved. Nobody loves me.” I said crying as he pulled me up to my feet and into a bear hug.

I just cried and cried.

He pulled away and placed his hands on my face and what he said, made me feel better.

 “He’s still here. In your heart. He loves you soooo much. Don’t give up on him he is out there somewhere. He’s still alive I know it Aileen. You can’t let him down.” He said.

 “Ok, I won’t. I won’t.” I said meaning every word.

 I just pulled him into another hug.

“Thank you.” I said to him and I wouldn’t let go. He made me feel better. So much better.

 “Anytime.” He whispered squeezing me a bit.