Chapter 3: Insane liar

When I woke up I was tied to a chair.

“What’s going on???” I asked looking around.

“You’re about to die that’s what’s going on!” She said as she shot me.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed in pain.

I opened my eyes and I was asleep in Amelia’s room.

I don’t know how I ended up asleep in the room but I guess I fainted. That happens sometimes.

I got up and walked into the living room with handcuffs in my hand but I was hiding them behind my back.

I ran to Mrs. Dutton and handcuffed her.

“You are under arrest Mrs. Dutton. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law.” I said.

“What are you doing?” Everyone asked.

“She killed her daughter!” I yelled.

“What?? NO! NO I DIDN’T!!! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT I LOVED MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!” She screamed.

“Stop with the lying it’s really beginning to get on my nerves!” I said.

“Can you prove it???” Everyone asked as Mrs. Dutton just stood there in front of me handcuffed.

“Yes, I can.” I said.

Everyone glanced at Mrs. Dutton.

“What’s your proof?” Paul asked.

I looked down in the sink and saw the cup full of the unidentified drink. Or was it even a drink?

“Smell that!” I said pointing at the cup.

All my coworkers looked at me like I was crazy.

“Do it! You’ll see.” I said as they smelt it.

“HUH???? That smells like….”

“Gasoline?” I asked.

John nodded.

“Why would that be---” Paul was about to continue but I interrupted him.

 “Just wait!” I said putting my hand up.

I walked over to Mrs. Dutton and got in her face.

“What is that?” I asked her.

“…………..”

“Answer me!!!!” I yelled.

“Water.” She answered.

“Oh, COME ON that is not water!!! DOES THAT LOOK LIKE WATER TO YOU???? DOES IT SMELL LIKE WATER??????” I yelled putting it in her face.

“It is water.”

“LIAR!” I said through gritted teeth.

“Do you have any other proof? We can’t take a dead body to court with us.” Paul said as I nodded.

“Alright look, this is what she did she got a cup full of gasoline gave it to her daughter. Then she had to cover up the mess so she went to the kitchen ran water in the cup that had the gasoline in it then she grabbed a different cup and filled it with water and set it on the nightstand. Then she tried to clean up the mess she did like the smell of Amelia’s vomit. Then she called us. By the time we got here Amelia had already had internal bleeding and had died.” I explained.

Everyone just stared at me and Paul just stood there not taking his eyes off of me and the corners of his mouth slowly turned up. Soon he was smiling. He had a proud look on his face.

A short time later Mrs. Dutton was taken to jail in a police car.

Paul was still grinning at me which was a bit creepy.

“What???” I finally asked him smiling a little.

“You’re amazing.” He said to me.

“How am I amazing?” I asked.

“What you did. No wonder our boss gave you a raise.” He said.

“Actually if I heard him correctly he said I got a raise from not eating a doughnut, but thanks.” I said smiling at him.

“You’re welcome.” He said chuckling.

“You are one of my best friends.” I said to him.

“I know.” He said laughing.

“Haha!” I laughed too.

“Thanks.” He said.

“You’re welcome.” I answered.

He leaned in and was about to kiss me and our lips touched but I got a flashback of my first kiss with Caleb and I pulled away.

I started to cry.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He said.

“No, it’s ok.” I answered.

“No it’s not that was very inappropriate of me to do that I’m really sorry.” He said.

“It’s not you Paul I’m just----I----I’m---” I tried to continue but I couldn’t finish what I was saying.

“I understand you’re not ready.” He said as he rubbed the side of my face.

He reached out and pulled me into a big bear hug.

I cried on his chest and he rubbed my back.

“Shhhhhh. It’s ok.” He said comforting me.

“Thank you Paul you’re such a good friend.” I said to him as I pulled away.

“Stop it you’re making me blush!” He joked.

“Ha-ha!” I said before throwing my head back cracking up. I know it doesn’t sound very funny but the look on his face was hilarious. He always made the funniest faces.

“You ready to go?” He asked me.

 “Yeah.” I answered.

 He smiled a little and gently took me by the hand and led me to the FBI vehicle.