Chapter 8: Walking down the aisle with Paul

 “I need boxes, do you know where some are that I can get??” I asked embarrassed that I changed the subject after that little moment we had had together.

 “Why do you need boxes?” He asked with widened eyes.

Just when I thought they couldn’t get any wider they looked like they were gonna pop out of his head when I answered his question.

 “I’m moving.” I said.

“Where?”

“I don’t know yet but not far.” I answered as he smiled.

 “This way.” He answered pulling me along.

 “Have you been here before????” He asked me.

“No.” I answered looking into his bluish green eyes.

“Oh, that explains it. I don’t know why I even come here. Nothings labeled here. I try to look for things and I have to ask someone every time I’m here.” He said.

I just followed him and then looked at his dark brown hair as he walked in front of me.

 “Paul???” I asked as he turned around.

“Yes, what is it?” He asked concerned.

“I wanted to ask you if you think it would be a good idea to go out to dinner with our boss.” I asked.

“Us? Together?” He asked.

“No actually Mr. Hutterman just asked me.” I said.

“Oh, well I don’t know.” He said.

“Are you ok?” I asked because he was turning pale.

“Yeah.” He said coughing a little into his arm.

“So what do you think I should do???” I asked him again.

“I don’t know. What are you gonna do?” He asked.

“I don’t know I asked you because you’re my most trusted and sweetest friend I’ve ever had.” I said.

“Yes, I think you should go. I think you’d enjoy yourself.” He said.

“Really?” I asked surprised because I thought he would think it was a stupid idea.

“Yeah, do whatever you want.” He said stopping at the aisle with the boxes.

 “Where are you going?” I asked.

 “Sorry, I got to be somewhere.” He said walking off.

“Wait!!!!!!” I yelled.

 “Sorry!!!” He said back as he left the store.

 “Mr. Hutterman's a nice guy but it's you I like, you’re more than a friend.” I said to myself as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I grabbed enough boxes to pack everything in my house. Except the large things and a ton of duct tape.

 I walked to the checkout counter and the woman put the charge on my credit card like I asked.

 “Thank you.” I said to her as I walked out of the store and to my car.

  After I stuffed most of the boxes in the trunk then I locked it and got in the drivers side and started the car.

I backed out and drove onto the street and in other words the quicker way to my apartment.

Once I was there I parked the car in the front of the apartment and took the keys out. I opened my car door and lazily hung my legs out of the car just before lazily getting out.

Shutting the car door I walked to the trunk and got everything. Then I went inside, ate some chocolate and went to bed.

I closed my eyes preparing myself for another dreadful, unbearable, sorrowful, disappointing, depressing day without Caleb.