Chapter 9: Creepy Lady

Chapter 9: Creepy lady………

The next morning I woke up and looked over at the alarm clock and saw it was 6:35.

“Might as well get up.” I said to myself before standing up and making my bed.

 I walked out of the apartment with my money and across the street, into a convenient store.

An African American man with his young little boy were walking towards the door.

 I got out of there way because the dad was carrying a ton of things I didn’t want to slow him down.

I turned quickly around and opened the door for the man.

 “Thank you.” He said to me.

 “You’re welcome.” I said with a smile.

The little boy and the man smiled before walking away out of sight.

I closed the door and the bell rung again like it did when I came in.

I looked around.

 I got an 8 pack of soda, a coffee, and a box of half a dozen doughnuts.

I walked to the checkout counter and bought everything.

“Thank you.” I said to the woman with sunglasses and short black hair.

 “Your welcome.” She said sort of robotic sounding.

 I smiled and walked out.

 Hmm I wonder why she was wearing sunglasses. She wasn’t blind she knew how much money I handed her. A blind person wouldn’t know how much I handed her would she???

 I need to stop being paranoid. I need to keep my cool, especially when I’m out with my boss tonight. That woman had nothing wrong with her. She probably just wanted to keep the sun out of her eyes.

I walked up the stairs and into my apartment.

I locked it with all four locks once I was inside.

 I put the soda in the fridge and I ate one of the doughnuts with my cup of coffee.

 “Hmmm.” I sighed as I looked around the room at everything that needed packed.

 I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top.

 I grabbed my camera and took tons of pictures of the bedroom and bathroom and kitchen.

Then I walked out of my apartment leaving my keys to the car and the apartment on my kitchen table and I left the door open.

I knocked on number 67 and stood up straight as Sarah answered the door.

“Hello Aileen how are you doing???” She asked.

 Sarah was a young woman she and her husband lived a couple doors down from where our apartment was.

 “Hello, Sarah!” I said smiling.

 “Is there something you need?” She asked in a sweet, soft, voice.

 “Yes, I was wondering if you could help me pack my things? I’m moving and I- I’ll pay you.” I said.

 “You don’t have to do that. You’re moving?” She asked.

“Yes, in fact I am. It just causes too much pain to stay here.” I lied.

It wasn’t really all a lie because it did cause a lot of pain to live there but that wasn’t the reason I was moving it was because of Aaron.

“Aww. Well I’ll gladly help you.” She said.

I handed her a twenty.

 “No, no you don’t have to do that really.” She said.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

 “Positive. I’d like to spend time with you before you move anyway.” She said with a smile.

 Hours past by and we had a lot done. All that was left was the stuff that was too big to fit in boxes.

I offered her a doughnut. She said she couldn’t resist an offer like that.

I smiled and handed her one. She ate it quickly and we got back to work.

“Thank you.” I said to her.

“No, problem I loved the doughnut.” She whispered the last part because she and her husband were on a diet. Well that’s what she said. She waited to tell me that until she already had ate the doughnut though.

 I smiled and shut the door.

I sat on my bed and looked for house. I found one almost instantly a two bedroom 1½ bath with brand new kitchen appliances and a new washer and drier.

 It was 456 a month for rent.

“PERFECT!” I said as I dialed the number in on my phone.

 “Hello?” I said as someone picked up the phone.

“Yes, I’d like to buy a house. No……….. yes. It’s just one person and I don’t have pets.”

“Ok, thank you. Yes, I’ll come meet you. Alright I’ll see you in an hour.” Thank you so much.

I hung up the phone and smiled.

“I’m moving.” I said with a happy sigh.