Lynx

A whole week had passed. Seven days. 168 hours. Calum had spent a lot of time lost in his thoughts but he could not for the life of him work out how many minutes or seconds. Maths wasn't exactly his forte, so to speak.

Heedless to his plan, Calum had simply given up. No, he had not hit a brick wall or had a hiatus from his plan, he had simply disregarded it as a priority. Pitiable; pathetic; incompetent, we're just a few words that had come up in Calum's constant internal turmoil. With him ignoring the world around him he had also found a lot of time to build on his vocabulary. Mrs. Fence would have been extremely impressed with his new found 'wow' words.

But of course to gain her approval he would had to have attended one of her classes since that first tense lesson. Within the last week Calum had caught a total of five quick glimpses of Michael Clifford. Each time there was another grade A slag clinging to his non existent arms and hanging off his every prickish word. It was as though he was trying to convince both himself and Calum that he was something other than his true self.

Calum knew his secret though; he could never doubt what he knew.

Today was running smoothly by Calum's new routines standards. Paying some vague attention, he had watched a total of five spongebob episodes that morning whilst eating his leftover Hawaiian pizza from last night. He still had his two hour long Fifa session to look forward to and then he world perhaps stumble out of bed and attend his last lesson. Unfortunately his plans did not anticipate the arrival of the other two dicks he was forced to live with.

Luke walked into the room with long, determined strides. Once again there was a Calum shaped lump under his duvet and you could hear the faintest giggles as he lost himself in SpongeBob. Luke couldn't be happier that Calum was managing to laugh but he refused to let him carry on living in his own little bubble. Or more accurately, pentagram, with the moods he had been in.

Gripping the covers he whipped them onto the ground and revealed a shirtless and confused Calum.

Luke bent to his level, 'Right you little bitch, get your scrawny Asian arse out of bed and find yourself a fucking grip. This has gone on for far too long and it's intervention time.'

Calum gapped at him, ' What the hell man, I don't need an intervention! I'm not in some dodgy tween movie, what are you gonna do huh? Take me to the mall and give me a makeover in some fucked up Spice Girls montage. No-fucking thank you!'

'I don't remember asking for your opinion maggot! Downstairs by 1100 hours!' Luke barked with a perfect impression of what Calum imagined a British Kim Jong-Un would sound like.

Luke then placed his arms behind his back and spun out of the room leaving Calum completely head fried to say at the least. Glancing at the clock he realised he only had ten minutes and he didn't want Luke to return as he had a feeling his return would involve something unpleasant. Going with a basic Scottish shower he sprayed a lengthy spritz of Lynx all over his unwashed body.

Observing the hovel he had made for himself in the corner of the room he found a pair of black ripped skinny jeans that only had a slight ketchup stain and a maroon top that thankfully smelt of more Lynx.

Both Luke and Ashton waited for him in the kitchen, both of them feeling steely over the task at hand. Which was, force Calum into being a cognitive and empathetic human being again. Calum couldn't help but snort at the sight of the two boys trying to play the roles of the parents. Luke pulled it off expertly but Ashton looked like a tortoise that had just been thrown in the deep end.

'Guys you can drop the act, I'm going to go along with whatever it is that you're about to force me into.'

Ashton let out a long breath and dropped his shoulders, 'thank the Lord for that because I am just not made to be this serious. I have never felt more sorry for my parents man.'