Chapter 4

Heading to my last period of the day, I thought of the events that had happened. I went from not wanting friends, but ending up with seven. My brother had promised to meet me after school, due to him not getting out of class because of his teachers asking him to stay after.

Even though I was among my new friends, Claire, Olive, Sergio, and Yara, as we walked to gym class, I still felt alone.

My past had proven to me, no matter how close you were to a person, you would get hurt. I tried to not be friendly most of the time, but I had slipped and they all had gotten in. It wasn't too late for me to turn back, but I found myself not wanting to.

"So, as of your first day ever of school, how was it?" Claire bumped into me lightly.

I gave her a huge grin. "It was really fun. Thank you, Claire. For introducing me to your friends."

She shrugged and blushed. "Well it was a good choice to. The girls want to have a movie night this weekend, and all of them, even Yara, asked if you were coming." She gave out a squeal, showing me that it was a good sign.

"I'd love to, but I'd have to ask my parents. I think my mom might have made plans to meet the Alpha."

"Great. When you find out, just call me." She took out a pen from her bag and grabbed my hand.

Once she was done scribbling on my hand, she went with me to get a locker.

Ten minutes later, we were getting dressed with Olive and Yara.

"Yea, thanks again Yara for that little break in Mr. Burns class." Claire giggled.

Yara smirked and tied her Nikes.

Olive had her locker next to mine, so I took the chance when she reached for deodorant, to ask her, "Why didn't you go with us, Olive?"

She looked caught off guard. "It-it's just not my thing."

There was an awkward pause before she spoke again. "So how is it knowing your first year of high school is also your last?"

I shrugged a little as I laughed slightly. "I actually have no idea, everyone talks about how being a senior is fun but so boring, I don't see too much of a fuss to be made. It's just one more year, right?"

She smiled a little, mostly to herself. "I think after so many years of going to school, most of us just want to get it over with."

I nodded and closed my locker, following the girls out of the locker room when they dismissed us.

The gym was huge, about twice the size of my two story house.

The boys soon came out of their room, and I caught sight of Sergio, conversing with a group of guys.

To my surprise, one of them, was the guy from the hallway. He looked deep in thought, but like he had sensed me, he looked up at once. He held my gaze and even more so, when I looked away.

"Madison, you do know who's staring at you, right?" I heard Olive whisper beside me.

I shook my head.

She shook her head and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Who?" I asked, even though I completely knew who was. The stud from the halls.

"Alright ladies and germs, we are running the lake today, and I do NOT want to here any complaints about your menstrual cycle from the ladies, and CERTAINLY not from the guys." A short, and built lady instructed us all, seeming like she was using a megaphone by the volume of her booming voice. She had interrupted Olive, but I had a feeling if I interrupted her, I'd end up with a knuckle sandwich. "You will be timed, and if under any circumstances don't meet the requirements, I will make you run it again, THIS Saturday." She looked amused as all the humans grumbled lowly. "This is your week grade, 200 points. So lets get stretching."