Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"He's in your room waiting for you." Dylan whispered low enough for only me to hear as he greeted me at the door.

I nodded silently.

"You'll have to tell me everything when he leaves." He added to which I nodded again in reply.

I tried my best to stall as I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a banana and a water, eating the banana and drinking a little bit.

Grabbing an apple, I finally made my way to my bedroom-- reluctantly. I opened the door slowly.

I peeked through and saw his back to me, as he gazed outside of my balcony window. His back was tensed and I couldn't see his muscles rippling like usual. He stood frozen and seemed like he was crafted like the Statue of David, exquisite and breath-taking.

I stepped forward and slowly closed the door, all while never taking my eyes off of his back-- just as he never turned around.

I waited for him to say something, but he never spoke... never faced me... never moved.

My wolf urged me to go to him, so I did.

I walked slowly over to him, cautious to see if he would do something... anything.

Just as I was about to reach out to him, Zane spoke.

"Did you tell him?" He sounded distant, emotionless.

I nodded, even though he couldn't see. "He knows," I confirmed.

He nodded slowly, pursing his lips.

"Have you thought about my proposition?" He said coolly after a couple of silenced moments.

I swallowed. "I need more time."

"More time?" He said in disbelief while he turned to see my expression-- most likely to see if I was being honest.

"Yes, Zane," I spoke, raising my voice and having a little more hostility when I said his name than I'd like. "I need more time to decide if I want to move in with you-- yes." I scoffed. "It's not just something I wake up and realize that I have a definite answer." I turned abruptly and sat on the edge of my bed, feeling suddenly drained. "My parents don't even know I'm thinking about it." I covered my face with my hands in exhaustion, feeling like the weight of the world was being placed on me.

I felt his presence in the room shift as he made his way to me.

"That was the deal. You could go on the date with Tyler if you at least told your parents that you are thinking about moving in with me." He bent over and I looked up to see his face in front of mine. "I'm trying my best to be patient, but this pack needs their Luna." He put his finger on my chin and I tried my best to look anywhere else than him.

"You have until the end of the week, Madison." He sounded distant, barely even audible. "That's when I announce that I found my mate to the pack." He looked at me in pain. "You have until then to do what you need to. Whether it's, tell Claire about us, inform your parent, or to decide," he paused, as if the words were too painful to speak. "What you want to do about us."

He tucked a piece of hair behind my hair and I hummed at the slight touch. "Because I have already made up my mind." He gave me a small, sad smile. "I'm stuck, there is no other option for me now; you're my only option, Madison." He leaned in, kissed my forehead and it was then that I felt the raw emotions he was feeling. I willed away my tears by closing my eyes and when I opened them, Zane was gone.

"Was it fair? Was what I have been doing fair? Neglecting my duties, lying to friends, keeping secrets, and being selfish? Is that fair?" I asked, gazing out into my view from the balcony I was sitting upon.