Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Claire's house looked almost identical to mine, except hers had a basement, and a bigger second floor.

She welcomed us to her family and her mother and father, left, going out for a date night, leaving us all to the house alone.

"Your parents seem cool." I commented. It seemed like the normal thing to say.

She gave me a look. "They are always gone, so yea. I guess."

I looked at Dylan warily as she led us into her basement.

It looked like a mini movie theater. A huge screen over took on one wall by itself and along the entire floor were isles of built in seats, making it impossible not to just jump on them, get cozied up with a bag of popcorn and watch a movie.

"Make yourself at home, please, Olive will be here shortly with the movies so it'll be a while." Claire said.

Just then, I saw Aliana, she was behind a snack bar in the back, and was quickly making her way towards me.

I barely greeted her with a hello, before she barreled into me, encasing me with a bear hug. "I'm so glad you could come!" She squealed and let me go. "You must be Dylan," she smiled at my brother and gave him a hug as well. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

She let him go and pulled me towards the couches.

"Go pick your seats before everyone gets here." She said, going back to the snack bar.

"Everyone?" I asked. "Who is coming?"

I saw Ali give Claire a look, that clearly stated, 'You didn't tell her?'

Claire flinched. "Just about 15 or 20 people." She gave me a sheepish smile.

I scoffed.

"I thought you said it was a movie night. Not a party!" I threw her an accusing glare as Dylan yelled at me.

I groaned and just then, the door slammed open, and there walked in Charles, Tyler, Sergio, and following shortly behind followed, with a bag full of stuff, Olive.

They all hollered when they saw me, Tyler quickly making a bee line for me.

He tried the go in for a hug, but I held up my hand, stopping him. "You won't be able to." I said quickly.

He looked at me like I had just grown another head.

"I kind of have a shield around me." I shrugged.

He didn't seem to notice I had said anything, because more people had begun to file in.

I took quick action, and claimed a seat meant for two towards the front of the room.

I was thankful people had distracted Tyler, because I really didn't feel like I needed anymore stress on me tonight.

After all these events going on lately, I just wanted to relax and watch a movie.

But of course my life never goes as planned, and as the movie began to start, and popcorn began to be passed around, I could feel the prickly sensation of a bad night hanging above our heads like a rain cloud.

I had noticed the beginning credits of Warm Bodies and I snuggled up with my blanket, munching on handfuls of popcorn.

About 15 minutes into the movie I had noticed everyone was settled down into seats, or laid out on the ground, watching the movie. Well everyone except Dylan. Worried, I looked around.

I soon spotted him, sitting down a couple seats away talking with Olive, Claire, and a couple other people.

I furrowed my brows, but didn't proceed with my curiosity any further, due to a deep, harmonic voice.