Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Okay, so I know your first encounter wasn't the best, but I would like you to meet my beta." He held my hand and gave it a little squeeze as we awaited outside of a door far to the left on the fifth floor.

Nathan? The beginning of our tour, and he wants me to meet the one enemy I now have in this place? Great.

He knocks on the door and waits patiently. It opens slowly and I see that rugged blonde haired man. He looks at Zane, down to our hands, then flashes a quick look at me.

"Alpha... Luna?" He said, opening the door inch by inch. "What can I help you with?" He grounds out and I see the hatred he has for me when he calmly addresses me.

Shivers went through me and I tried my best not to cringe at such a cold stare.

Zane was about to start speaking, but I took the chance. "I just wanted to apologize." I blurted out so fast I wasn't sure- even with his werewolf hearing- that he heard me. I cleared my throat. "I would like to apologize, Nathan, for my behavior earlier today. I hope we both can look past today and start over; like it never happened." I offered a smile and I could see the slight glint of sadness in the back of those dark eyes and I tried my best not to furrow my eyebrows. In a blink, that emotion was gone and replaced by a hard surface.

"That would be nice." He nodded once and cleared his throat. "I too, apologize and wish to start anew." He gave me a warm smile.

I offered my hand and he regarded it carefully. Shaking my hand, he showed a genuine smile and soon, Zane was pulling me away and telling him we'd talk later.

Going to the next door, Zane knocked.

Music was blaring behind this one and I heard multiple voices. "Hey!" A voice dragged on and I saw a familiar face, except it wasn't familiar. "Derek, you better turn this down before your mom gets home!" Zane laughed as they shared a bro hug.

"Oh, please, she'd just join the party." He laughed and flipped his thick black skater hair. Derek turned his attention to me and gave me a once over. "Who is this fine lady?" He gave me a smirk and Zane playfully growled.

"Derek, this is my mate, Madison." He offered his hand and I shook it as I laughed at his attempt to wink at me. "Madison, this is Derek, he's my third in commands little brother. You met Drake, right?"

"That's why he looks so familiar!" I gawked at him now, as if staring at Derek's older brother. Spotting the only difference, was Derek had electric blue eyes instead of his brothers hazel gold ones.

"I'm only two years younger!" Derek whined and made a face at Zane.

The heavy metal music playing behind him lowered dramatically and we all peered over Derek's shoulder.

"I thought I heard a familiar voice." A girl looking about in her early twenties came out of the little apartment and beamed a dazzling smile at Zane. She had light brown poker straight hair and the same striking blue eyes as Derek. Not only that, but they both shared the little button nose and even a full bottom lip.

"Sally!" Zane rejoiced and pulled her in for a hug. I perked up at the name. She must be the teacher for the kids on the fourth floor. "I thought you were gone for the week?" He continued when they let go from their familiar hug.

She shook her head and her pony tail swayed over her shoulder. "I got out early and decided to surprise the kids." I looked between them and fought the urge to jump in. My wolf didn't like how familiar this female was with our mate. But I tried to calm her. They obviously were only having a friendly conversation.