Chapter 32.

Chapter 32:

------{Harry's POV}------

After the signing I went back home. I opened the door to see Emma sat on the couch with her phone up to her ear. I walked in, "We can't tell him! No. What's the point in that? No. Because we can't." I cleared my throat grabbing her immediate attention. She looked at me in shock before whispering into the phone. "Listen I've got to go. He's here. I'll call you later." she muttered hoping I wouldn't hear. She turned to me and smiled.

I looked at her, unconvinced by her behaviour, "What was all that about?" I asked.

"I was just talking to an old friend." she smiled as she began to tidy up. "Hey, listen I've got to go, I have a few people to see. I'll see you soon okay?" I nodded slightly my face still contorted as I watched her grab her things. She pecked my cheek, "Bye babe! Love you!" she shouted letting the door slam after her. What was she hiding from me? And why?

~~

After last week Emma was still in a quiet mood, I had hardly seen her and whenever I did she would always be on the phone being secretive, I decided to try and not let whatever Emma is hiding get to me. If she doesn't want me to know, I'll respect her privacy. I called her to see if she wanted to go out today, "Hey babe, fancy doing something today?"

"Well I have to meet up with someone in 20 minutes how about you come by at 5 and we'll do something." I heard rustling in the background and what sounded like... a voice.

"Okay then," I frowned, "Ill see you at 5." I spoke sadly, I can't help but think the worst in this situation.

"Bye" I heard her rush.

"Bye. Love yo-" I was cut off by the disconnection. I looked to the floor, we have been seeing each other for almost 3 months and a half months and I already think she is cheating on me. I can't believe this, I feel stupid and used. How could she do this to me. Wait Harry! Don't jump to conclusions! You don't know, just keep calm. All will unfold in time.

I waited impatiently until 5. My mind running over the possibility that my girlfriend was cheating on me. All of the 'meeting up with someone' or 'It was an old friend' was getting to me. It's lies. And I know it is, but I feel helpless, I don't want to lose her. I love her. Even if she doesn't feel the same way.

I looked at the time and saw it was half 4. I decided to head upstairs and get a shower. I stood and let the water dribble down my body as I closed my eyes and tried to relax; I thought about all the times I've spent with Emma, and what I've felt when I'm with her, or how I act around her. Never did I suspect this. My paranoia took over my thoughts only making me worse, I shook my head and got out the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist as I headed towards my wardrobe to see what I could wear.

I chose to wear a grey V neck and some black skinny jeans with my white high tops. I sprayed some aftershave on myself, grabbed my phone and car keys and headed out the door. I jumped in my car and checked the time, 4:56, I turned on the ignition and headed the familiar route to Emma's house.

The drive was short as I let my mind wander. I parked up outside her house and was met with a large group of photographers, their cameras flashing continuously in my face; I shuffled my way through them and up to Emma's door letting myself in. I closed the door in the faces of the press and headed into the living room, I walked towards her noticing she was already looking up to me - her eyes piercing my own. Her smile grew as I got closer, I sat next to her on the couch and brought her closer to me; I kissed her temple as she wrapped her arms around my waist. Letting my back fall to the couch, she rested her head on my chest, listening to the beat of my heart. I took her hand in mine and let my fingers fiddle with hers mindlessly, enjoying the feel of her soft skin against mine - something that i ha missed lately. Her phone took me out of my trance interrupting this perfect moment. She tore her hands away from mine to pick up her phone.

"Hello?" she answered. Her eyes widened as she heard the person on the other line. She then quickly glanced at me, wondering if I had heard anything. "I'll talk to you about it in a sec, I have to go." she paused, listening to the voice "Yes he is, now I'll be there in a sec. Bye." she turned her head away from me and whispered into the phone, yet again, "fine, I love you too." she sighed and grabbed her things getting ready to leave, I remained in my spot on the couch, in disbelief that she was actually going to leave me. I have only been here for 5 minutes! "I'm sorry baby, I have to go and sort something out." I let my eyebrows furrow as the anger built up inside of me.

"No Emma, I've been here for 5 minutes! I've hardly seen you all week. Can't you just say you can't go?" I asked angrily.

"No Harry, this is important to me. I have to go." she spoke, still getting her things. Just as she was about to head for the door I grabbed her hand and pulled her back into the living room.

"I can't stand this Emma! Why are you keeping things from me? Why are you being secretive and ignoring me? What have I done?" I asked painfully and loudly, trying to understand what I have done to deserve this.

"Harry you haven't done anything! I just-" I cut her off.

"You just what?! Didn't know how to tell me that all of this was a lie? That you're really cheating on me? That you don't actually love me? That you're using me!!" I shouted at her, infuriated that she would think I was so stupid to not notice!

"Harry I do love you-" she tried to defend herself.

"NO! No you don't Emma! Who is he?!" I yelled.

"Harr-"

"WHO IS HE?!" her eyes were cascading tears as she looked at me. I walked towards her and continued, "Why don't you love me?" I asked almost in tears, not as much as her though.

"I do love you, why don't you believe me?" she sniffled.

"If you loved me, then you wouldn't have just said it to someone else on the phone." I argued, getting my point across.

"I didnt mean it. I promise. It was a joke." she continued to sob into my chest, clutching onto my shirt and pleading for me to listen. But I just stood there.

"Emma, I love you. But this is a joke, you're lying to me and I can't be with someone that I can't trust." I reasoned. She looked up to me, her eyes bloodshot and teary as she did so. It broke my heart to see her like this and knowing I was the cause of it.

"Then trust me." she sniffled once more.

"I can't." that was all she needed. She slowly backed away from me and picked up her things. She quickly wiped her tears from her face and headed out the door, closing it softly behind her. I hung my head in disappointment as I wiped the drying tears from my face. What did I just do?

___________________________

Comment and vote please :) Thank you!

- Pianogirl56