➵ 4

Christopher Brown

          I was awoken by a sudden yelling. It was my mother. Having her usual bitch fit as always. She stomped into the living room with the usual scowl she had on her face.

"She's a whore! I don't like her!" She yelled- referring to Jade.

"You don't even know her man you need to stop." I said.

"I know her type! She came home sloppy drunk last night and was all over you in her bra and panties!"

"Ma you're really blowing this out of proportion. First off, she wasn't all over me. And second, okay? She came home drunk. So what? She took off her clothes. So what? It's none of your business."

She striked me one good time on my cheek. "It is my business when you're my son!"

I held onto my cheek and looked at her. I felt myself getting angry, probably more angrier than neccesary. I punched a hole in the wall behind her, the fifth hole in the house so far.

Without saying another word, I stomped into my room and slammed the door shut behind me. My leg shook vigorously as I sat down on my bed. I got up and began to pace. Pacing always calmed me down.

"Chris, baby. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you like that." My mom called outside my door. I didn't answer.

My mother and I argued like this frequently, except it would be far more chaotic. When I'm angry I can't control myself, it's like someone is taking over my body. It's scary when I have my episodes. I black out completely.

I walked over to my window and peeped through the blinds. I immediately began to calm down once I seen Jade outside in the sand. She was laying down on her back, holding a magazine up to the front of her face. I smiled a little.

I shut the blinds and began pacing again. This arguing with my mother almost every day is starting to get old, and real quick. Sometimes I wonder where my dad is and why he's not here with me. Hell, I don't even know if he's alive. My mom never wants to talk about him and it makes me sad because I don't even know what he looks like.

"Chris, honey. Did you hear me?" My mom knocked on the door again. I sighed and went to go answer it. She was in her dancing attire, and she held a bottle of whiskey in her right hand.

"Yeah, I heard you."

"Okay well I love you and I'm going to work. Remember, no leaving the house except for the beach. The cameras are on, see you later." She kissed me on the cheek and within seconds she was out of the front door.

I was 17 and a half years old and I still couldn't leave the house. Sometimes I feel as if my mom is only keeping me inside to protect me. Then sometimes I feel like she does it just to do it.

I stepped out into the warm sun-kissed air and took a seat on my porch step. Jade was still layed out in the sand with the same magazine in her face. Once she noticed my presence she lowered the magazine and smiled at me. All I did was give her a quick head nod and a little smirk, it was barely anything really.

She scrunched her face up at me and continued to review her magazine. I mentally punched myself in the face for that one. Sometimes I just do things out of my control, half the time I don't even know what I'm doing and I hate myself for that.

I sat on the step for a good five hours after that, absorbing as much of the beautiful atmosphere as I could. I don't have shit but that's okay, because this beautiful beach that I happen to live right in front of makes up for all of it.

Short chapter just because I wanted to do a quick Chris POV.