➵19

Omniscient POV

          Jade has not seen Chris for a whole four days. She thought he was done with popping in and out of her life. Chris' mom's car would be gone for the majority of the night, so as to why he wasn't showing up was confusing to her.

"Maybe he needs some space?" She thought aloud to herself, again. "Or maybe... Ugh I don't know!"

She began to worry. Four days was lengthy, it didn't amount to a month but it was still long. Considering she has seen Chris every single day up until now. He hasn't even shown up to school.

She was snapped out of her worrying thoughts when Jesse and her mom Kathy called her downstairs. In hopes that it was Chris, she rushed down the stairs.

She saw her mom and Jesse standing at the front door with sympathetic looks on their faces.

"What's going on?" Jade questioned, approaching the front door as well. It was Chris' mom. Her eyes were red and puffy, and she was holding a tissue in her hand.

"Chris is missing honey." Jesse said. "Have you seen him?"

"No, I haven't."

At this moment Jade knew it was serious. Chris' mom, out of all people? Something was wrong, really wrong.

Chris

          I woke up at the bottom of the ocean, already struggling to breathe. I immediately began to swim to the surface. I kicked and paddled and struggled even more to hold my breathe. Suddenly, I felt water in my lungs, and I began to choke. That's when the underwater seaworld around me began to fade to black.

I fluttered around on a white cloud, the place I suddenly appeared to be was very white. It resembled Heaven.

Suddenly, a girl with a halo and a white dress came walking towards me. When she appeared in front of me, I realized it had been Lisa.

She smiled at me, and pulled me in for a light hug.

"Lisa." I smiled, "what is this place?"

"What does it look like smart one?"

"Heaven?"

She nodded quickly with another bright smile. "God says he really wants to call you home."

"He does?"

"Yes. He said he was so tired of seeing you in pain down there, and that you deserve to be happy."

"So then what is he waiting for?"

Jade

          It's been a month and a half, and Chris' case has been swept under the rug. They're suspecting that he's dead, and they're still trying to find his body. But other then that, nothing. I've been feeling blue since then, I was starting to think maybe this is what depression feels like.

Chris was gone, and I was upset. I thought maybe he got so tired of his mother that he decided to run away. I don't know, whatever the reason- I just wanted to know if he was safe...

It was just a matter of time before I started to catch a little feelings for Lucas. I felt so bad. I think I just needed someone to fill the hole that Chris left.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't using Lucas. I actually did like him. It's just that, I didn't want to be alone.

I prayed to God every night that Chris would return safe unharmed. I missed him so much. He taught me a lot about myself that I didn't know. And I also know that there's no one else like him.

God forbid he never comes back, I still will never forget the first day I approached him...

          The warm sand sent a tingle through the bottom of my bare feet. The sun caused me to squint my eyes as the warmth kissed my shoulders. I took a deep breath as I stepped up to the foot of his towel.

He didn't break his stare from the ocean when he said "what do you want?"

I crossed my arms beneath my chest taken back by how rude he just came off. "I just wanted to say hi, I'm your new neighbor."

"Okay, and what does that mean to me?"

"Why do you insist on being so rude? I'm just trying to be nice."

"Well, stop." He grabbed the towel from the sand with one hand as he held his comic in the other. He walked away without saying another word.

His vibe, and how impolite he was drew him to me even more. I fell in love with him that day and I didn't even know him.

Christopher Brown was truly something else, he was the definition of a boy interrupted.

This was the last chapter.

Do you guys want a sequel or nah? It's really up to you..

Tell me what you guys think happened to Chris 🤔