➵12

Jade

          Chris leaned up against the locker next to mine as I got my books out. I saw Alina walking towards me and I tried to move faster but she beat me to the punch.

"Hey, what are you doing after school?" She asked. I glanced at Chris who was looking at Alina blankly.

"I have a lot of homework to catch up on. Just call me." I said.

"Oh.. Alright."

"Yeah, see ya."

Chris took my books out of my hand and held them, I swear this boy was just perfect to me. He interlocked our fingers and we walked down that hallway like were the greatest power couple of 2015. We ignored all the stares and all the whispers. I loved this boy and I didn't give a shit who didn't like it.

           "You know... We talk about me an awful lot, why don't you ever talk about yourself?" I asked Chris. We were sitting on the beach, pigging out on different junk foods and soda.

He shrugged his shoulders as he stuffed a few more chips in his mouth. "There's really not much to say. I'm not special."

"You're special to me."

He smiled a little.

"Hey Chris..."

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you something.. It's kind of personal, and not really my business."
"Then don't ask."

I shot him a dirty glare.

He chuckled. "I'm just playing, go ahead."

"Can you tell me about Lisa...?"

His face sunk almost immediately and he put his bag of chips down. "What about her?"

"What happened?"

"Can I trust you?" He asked.

"Always."

He sighed. "I didn't kill her Jade. My mom did."

I almost choked up on my own spit. What did I say!? I told you there was something off about that lady. Not only that, but I feel like she hurts Chris. I don't know how, but I see it in his face everytime he's around her, or talks about her.

"Just listen carefully." He said.

March 28th, 2013.

I met Lisa my freshmen year. We shared the same biology class, and anyone that knew me also knew I sucked at any type of science. Since my grade was below a 50, the teacher assigned Lisa to be my tutor.

Who would've thought I'd have such deep feelings for a girl in a matter of months. I didn't even think I was capable of catching feelings honestly.

She was the best thing to ever come into my life. She made me beyond happy. Something as simple as bringing up her name was enough to put a smile on my face. She was any guy's dream girl, and I was lucky enough to have her.

I dapped up Lucas before I made my way further down my street, I smiled as I approached my front porch because Lisa was sitting there. My mom's car was gone, which indicated she was at work. As silly as it sounds, today was the day we planned to lose our virginities to eachother. 

I grabbed her hand and helped her off the porch. She stood behind me as I used my key to unlock to the front door, she shut it and locked it after she came in behind me.

We didn't waste anytime. She crashed her lips onto mine as she jumped on me and wrapped her legs around my waist. I carried her into my bedroom and laid her down on my bed. I felt my erection growing as I continued to lay on top of her, and suck on her neck- but she stopped me.

"Wait, did you hear that?" She asked.

"No." I said.

"Oh, okay."

I continued to kiss all over her body, I was in heaven. I wanted to get right to it but I also didn't want to rush, or make her feel uncomfortable.

It wasn't until my mom came barging into my room, she held her car keys in one hand, and the other was behind her back. She stood with a blank expression on he face.

Lisa and I froze. I didn't know what to expect from my mom, but I most definitely didn't expect what she was about to do next.  

"I thought you were at work?" I asked. I didn't know what else to say.

In literally a blink of an eye, I was thrown off of Lisa. And after that all I saw was blood.

Lisa clenched onto the handle of the knife that was plunged into her chest, she looked at me.

And that was the last time I ever saw those big brown eyes of hers.

I sat there on the sand in shock, with my hand covering my mouth.

"We just came up with a story." He said. "I didn't want my mom to go to jail. She's all I have. If she went to jail I didn't know where I would go, I was only 15." He said.

"So you're totally fine with practically everyone in this town calling you a psycho, and a murderer?"

"Evidently, I do not care. I know the truth. And that's all that matters."

I felt 100% better knowing what really went down. But there was still this uneasy feeling lingering around in my body. I know that woman Chris calls his mother does things to him...